Rat X, Outlaw X, modded X

Curious, where do you find the location for number 14046?

["Click to expand" shows the original post, but the pics are not opened just referenced by a number. If you click on the number it opens the pic. Confused me, I had to use Edit to add the number.]

Regarding windshields, some of the ones shown earlier, being plastic, would not comply in many states. Some states that would allow it require a helmet. I very much want to alter the roof/windshield and quite a bit of the body on an X but not this one as it is too nice to tear into. After rolling this one home I would like to acquire a rough one that can be cut up without feeling I'm taking a good one off the road and see if some of the ideas (some are years old) would apply well. I have refrained from joining some of the design discussions since there hasn't been a live one in front of me yet.

Does anyone here have Judge Parker's D/Mod car?
First let me explain, all of the pics I referenced earlier were from a "Google Image" search. They were intended to illustrate some windshield, roof line, targa bar, modified body ideas. I do not know any of the cars nor their owners. That said, I did a Xweb search for "Judge Parker" and found a thread with this image:

4792903425_c9086ee4ac_b.jpg

I assume this is the car you are asking about? I know nothing about it, sorry. However there was another result in the "Judge Parker" Xweb search that might lead you to something (no idea):
https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/1976-d-mod-racer-forsale-not-mine.25364/#post-210801

First let me explain, all of the pics I referenced earlier were from a "Google Image" search. They were intended to illustrate some windshield, roof line, targa bar, modified body ideas. I do not know any of the cars nor their owners. That said, I did a Xweb search for "Judge Parker" and found a thread with this image:

View attachment 18330

I assume this is the car you are asking about? I know nothing about it, sorry. However there was another result in the "Judge Parker" Xweb search that might lead you to something (no idea):
https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/1976-d-mod-racer-forsale-not-mine.25364/#post-210801

As far as I know Judge is still living in the Richmond, Va. area. I helped him on several occasions when he needed extra hands during the build.
I drove it the first time he took it out and even just out of the box it was fast. Judge kept it for a while and then sold it.
I was mainly just wondering if somebody on the Forum had the car.
I didn't check it but I think the referenced video is mine.

[QUOTE="

Regarding windshields, some of the ones shown earlier, being plastic, would not comply in many states. Some states that would allow it require a helmet. I very much want to alter the roof/windshield and quite a bit of the body on an X but not this one as it is too nice to tear into. After rolling this one home I would like to acquire a rough one that can be cut up without feeling I'm taking a good one off the road and see if some of the ideas (some are years old) would apply well. I have refrained from joining some of the design discussions since there hasn't been a live one in front of me yet.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about other states but here in Virginia if you got antique plates (any X or Bertone would qualify) you don't go through ANY inspection. You could run any type of windshield, or no windshield and I doubt anyone would care. Joe Degasperas runs his spider with just the little sport "Brooklands" wind screens that all the old Brit cars have, sometimes he wears goggles sometimes not. He lives in NY and I have no clue what the laws are there (and doubt that he cares either).

[QUOTE="

Regarding windshields, some of the ones shown earlier, being plastic, would not comply in many states. Some states that would allow it require a helmet. I very much want to alter the roof/windshield and quite a bit of the body on an X but not this one as it is too nice to tear into. After rolling this one home I would like to acquire a rough one that can be cut up without feeling I'm taking a good one off the road and see if some of the ideas (some are years old) would apply well. I have refrained from joining some of the design discussions since there hasn't been a live one in front of me yet.

I don't know about other states but here in Virginia if you got antique plates (any X or Bertone would qualify) you don't go through ANY inspection. You could run any type of windshield, or no windshield and I doubt anyone would care. Joe Degasperas runs his spider with just the little sport "Brooklands" wind screens that all the old Brit cars have, sometimes he wears goggles sometimes not. He lives in NY and I have no clue what the laws are there (and doubt that he cares either).[/QUOTE]

When you have antique plates you are still responsible for the safety of the car and subject to the interpretation of a Police Officer so anything out of the ordinary may be more trouble than it's worth.
I think there is one problem with antique plates (at least in Virginia) and that is you are limited to driving during daylight hours. I THINK that's still the case.

As stated, it varies widely from state to state. And as noted, it might even vary from officer to officer how they want to interpret things. I was once ticketed for what the officer deemed a vehicle violation. I went to court with photos of it and the judge immediately threw out the ticket.

In the areas that I'm familiar with, it would not be a problem to have a modified windshield so long as you had some sort of "windscreen". Even certain requirements like it must be made of safety glass would go unnoticed if you used something like Lexan. Especially where there are no inspections required.

To me stuff like this is part of vehicle customization. And that is typically a 'hobby' car; meaning not your daily driver, but one that you occasionally drive under appropriate circumstances for fun. So if you happen to be limited by daylight requirements, or weather restrictions, or whatever, well then you use common sense and drive it under those conditions. I suppose that will also depend on where you live. Having a car with a very little windshield, no side/rear windows, no roof, no heater, etc, might be easier to do in SoCal than in Alaska.

I'm not aware of the daytime only driving of cars with antique plates but for a year my car had no lights anyway. You do have to sign a form that basically says everything on the car works so I pulled a presidential type view to things and just lied. The car had no lights, no wipers, no heater, no turn signals and is an absolute blast to drive. If a Fairfax County cop feels the need to pull me over, the ticket will be worth it for all the fun I have had with it. It helps that Virginia now has yellow plates that look close enough to the yellow antique plates that we don't stand out as bad as we used to.

It also helps to be an old fart, we get a little more leeway than you 40 year old street squids.

Carl, you just have to keep the volume of your rap music down a little.

Jeff, Carl has convinced me of the benefits of having my "40 year old street squid" status rescinded and fast forwarding into old farthood.
I don't take this step lightly, but I can't deny that the freedom from rules is very appealing.

Gene, I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but following Carl footsteps is not something to do without serious consideration. Maybe you should have a talk with Todd first... o_O

On the other hand, it may also be wise to dismiss any strange idea induced by Jeff. He's talking (writing) much on this forum but we are many sharing doubts about him really owning a Fiat. ;)

Being able to freely pass gas at any time is such a joy, just ask Carl or Todd, or Daniel...they're all full of it. :D

Sorry, I fell asleep before I could respond to Daniel's post so I guess it's already started.
One bad effect is that my wife got caught up in all of this, I must not have told her what was happening.
Uh...where was I? Oh, my wife, she just realized that she will be 72 on Thursday.
She's ain't happy. BIG trip to the jewelry store...
On the good side, the rat 600 already has an automatic, hopefully my son will let me drive it around the pits.

But Jeff is our king!
https://previews.123rf.com/images/omnimages/omnimages1311/omnimages131100061/27182813-crap-****-poo-with-crown-on-top.jpg

Sorry, where is the moderator! I think I microwaved my chocolate cake too much!
What was the original subject?

I just puked my breakfast, second day in a row. Thanks a lot, I don't need the Xweb diet as I'm scrawny enough as it is.

Did I read right that you have a rat 600 with automatic, like to hear more about that.

20181107_112445.jpg
20181107_111231.jpg
I just puked my breakfast, second day in a row. Thanks a lot, I don't need the Xweb diet as I'm scrawny enough as it is.

Did I read right that you have a rat 600 with automatic, like to hear more about that.

Carl, strictly an autocross car.
2.2 Ecotec, Comp Cams, 13.8 Wiseco pistons, Eagle rods, 72mm throttle body.
Trans is 98 Sunfire 3t40--transverse 3 speed. All mounted mid engined.
Rear suspension is Saturn uprights, struts,
axles are bits of Sunfire GT, Olds Alero, Grand Am.
Front suspension is 88 Fiero GT uprights, custom A-arms. (Fiero is front steer like the 600). Making sure it fits this discussion it has an X steering rack.
Wheels are Diamond, 8s and 10s.
Weighs about 1525#.
Sadly, at the moment it's not even remotely competitive in E/M.

Is this thread just to discuss various builds? Isn’t that what the build threads are for?

My dad saved a car from the junker to make the Triple X as he calls it (XXX1/9). Was really rusty and itnterior was shot. Just was a parts car until it got “revived” or should I say brought back from the dead as Satan himself haha.

IMG_0054.JPG

Junked about 5 other Xs and gave one to Midwest bayless and a ton of parts for free.

Is this thread just to discuss various builds? Isn’t that what the build threads are for?

My dad saved a car from the junker to make the Triple X as he calls it (XXX1/9). Was really rusty and itnterior was shot. Just was a parts car until it got “revived” or should I say brought back from the dead as Satan himself haha.

IMG_0054.JPG

Junked about 5 other Xs and gave one to Midwest bayless and a ton of parts for free.

Any idea what it weighs?

His goal is when it’s finished to be under 1800 lbs I believe. Not sure where he will be when it’s finished but I can’t imagine heavier than 2k.

Back