Let's destroy two X1/9s

Man, I am sorry for your loss (or, setback at most I hope) on these. Got photos of the other side of the Xs?

Drivers side A pillar on the white X is flattened . . . Likely totaled.

The red X appears to have been spared that damage, but who knows about the rest.

Man, what luck. 3 X wrecks in under a year.

Drivers side A pillar on the white X is flattened . . . Likely totaled.

The red X appears to have been spared that damage, but who knows about the rest.

Man, what luck. 3 X wrecks in under a year.
wasnt there just a thread about going windshieldless? its already 1/2 there! seriously though, I would also like to see the other side. I know people have replaced totally rusted windshields so it might be savable.

Odie

After all the work you put into those cars, especially the red one, I can't imagine how you're feeling about all that. Geez!
Cell phone involved?

Crazy bad luck thank God all ok.
I put the crash photo on my office wall. Remind myself whatever it is at least it's not that bad..:(:(
cell phone or squirrel.

Wow so sorry to see that. I couldn’t imagine having mine crashed after all the work I’ve put in it. Hope at least one of them can be repaired.

Carl,
Bummer. TWO at once, what are the bad luck odds! BTW way my wife says you need to have a family talk about who gets to park in the garage vs the street.
Cratecruncher,
You mean CB350's are now a "classic bike?" Bought one new at a factory dump site in Venice California when new. Honda got caught forging (yes, outright forging) ID VIN plates and had to sell a bunch of bikes new at 1/2 price as a penalty. Also bought a CB400-4 for 1/2 list at the same Lincoln Blvd. "dump lot" in Los Angeles.
Carl,
Again sorry to see your loss.

flag half mast.jpg

I have an agreed value policy through State Farm for my X, so i'd expect that to reduce the valuation argument if it came to making a claim.
Obviously in this case the accident's liability goes on the other vehicle's policy. So how would an agreed policy on the car apply in a situation like this? I guess the agreed policy pays whatever the balance is after the other insurance company won't?

So what exactly happened? It is not clear from the one picture what the scenario was.

I'm not sure what happened. I was on the computer in one of our bedrooms facing the front of the house. Heard a roaring sound like a car sliding on the pavement. Looked out the window and the car was already on it's side with the drive wheels spinning madly...then I noticed the two Fiats were hit. Humans do act in a set way in an emergency, I ran downstairs and out the front door with no thoughts on my car, only thinking about anyone in the Toyota who were shook up but apparently OK, my neighbor was already running to the car with his cellphone dialing 911 (there is an advantage to folks who work from home). My guess is she lost attention, banged on the red X and then somehow got a wedge effect off the white X to flip her car.
If this were a TV program, someone would have a security camera that caught the whole thing.

I was going to strip the red X and put all the part on my flared X and get rid of the body anyway. The white X was a nice car I would keep till the flared car was done and I fear it is now a parts donor. As for garage space...I already have my 75 spider project car in there. If I lived on 11 acres like my brother does in Maine, this would not have been a problem!

IMG_0733[2].JPG
IMG_0734[3].JPG
IMG_0729[1].JPG
IMG_0736[1].JPG

Damn. That really sucks. People can be such idiots, good that no one was seriously injured. Would be nice if a violation was issued. Hardly likely that the driver could 'randomly' side swipe the first car.

So sorry to read this a real nightmare, glad nobody was hurt. Both look repairable from the pics. if you have the inclination to do it...

NEG, I don't, the red one would require a whole rear fender section and the car was not worth that much to begin with.
Eastep, I have a two car garage with a short driveway, the spider project is on one side and the wife's car is on the other.
While it would be nice to save the white one I feel it's too far gone. We shall see.

Back