RevTek - Fiat x1/9 & More Classic Cars Video Series

RevTek

Low Mileage
So as I'm sure a lot of you already know, I run a YouTube and Facebook channel under the name RevTek. I've combined my love for video production and car projects to start showing the progress on my own Fiat x1/9 Build, which has expanded into other enthusiast's car builds including a Fiat 131 Abarth and a Lancia 037 from a Montecarlo shell and hopefully more to come!

I have some great videos coming soon, including Vernasca Silver Flag which I attended in Italy showcasing some of the greatest classics in the world, the Nurburgring Classic Day at the GP track in Germany, and myself doing laps of the famous Nordschleife just to name a few upcoming videos

You can follow the progress of my Fiat x1/9, as well as many other classic car projects on
YouTube
www.youtube.com/revtek
Facebook
www.facebook.com/revtek
Instagram
www.instagram.com/rev.tek

For now, here is my latest video overhauling the cooling system on my x1/9

Enjoy!

Hey RevTek. I really enjoyed this. Such a breath of fresh air. So many shows are sponsored with big dollars they forget the average person. The part I enjoyed the most was seeing you haul out the old screen door in the back, chop it up and use it for a template. This makes it seem like a friend who is doing the videos versus some blowhards who have forgotten what it is like having to use the resources you have.

Keep up the excellent work.

Cheers.

It's always a treat when I see a new Revtek video posted. I love your work and have taken inspiration from many of the projects you document.

I have been following your 037 build with keen interest, as I have one of my own. A build, not a car... :)

Looks like you are taking the route of keeping highly original, which is great. Keep up the good work, and welcome to the forum.

Pete

I watched a few random episodes but gather you have to "subscribe" to watch the episodes in a meaningful manner?

An update to the Lancia 037 build, we visit the workshop of Peter Tommasini who is a master craftsman of hand built cars, to fabricate the side sills of the Lancia rally car!
From here the car will be shipped off to New Zealand to visit the Carteroni workshop to build up the tubular spaceframe for the car

There are many other projects in the works so be sure to subscribe to the RevTek YouTube channel and follow the Facebook page to keep up to date (linked in the original post above)
Enjoy!

In my latest video I travel to Germany to race around the longest, and one of the most dangerous tracks in the world. The Nürburgring Nordschleife!
This has been an all time favourite track of mine due to the huge length (26km!) and the insane amount of corners full of bumps and off camber sections

A bucket list item for sure, check it out!

Coming up next will be the Vernasca Silver Flag event in italy which I attended last year, Nurburgring Classic Day and heaps more :)

It has begun, the first video in my Vernasca Silver Flag series is here!
No fancy editing or music for this one, just the raw sounds of the cars and the people in beautiful Castell'arquato in Northern Italy
In this first installment, I walk you through the Pit Lane as the drivers prepare their cars for the HillClimb

Enjoy!

It has begun, the first video in my Vernasca Silver Flag series is here!
No fancy editing or music for this one, just the raw sounds of the cars and the people in beautiful Castell'arquato in Northern Italy
In this first installment, I walk you through the Pit Lane as the drivers prepare their cars for the HillClimb

Enjoy!

So this is Valhalla...

Here's a short video of a Fiat 131 Abarth being pushed hard during the Adelaide Classic Rally, right before disaster struck and one of the pistons blew through the block
Love the sound of this car, we are working on getting it back on the road soon!

I've seen this 131 Abarth up close, it's a credit to the owner, a very accurate replica of the original rally car. And that's a classic near Adelaide, will be good to see it competing again in a few weeks. Here's a few pics and video of my light weight 1500 X1/9 on the same track a few years ago.
Willunga-AGR_2015-3.jpg
willunga hill 2015-5.jpg
Also another X1/9 launching, ex USA, Honda engined

Last edited:
Since I’m new to all this, excuse me if you’ve all seen this clip. Stunning. What is his engine....

I've watched all of Berserker's Ring videos "countless times" and get newly excited each time I see them. He clearly is an excellent driver and knows this track very well. Still, it does warm my heart to watch him "repeatedly" smoke all those Porches and Beemers in a car with such attainable mods.

Here is the same event last year, now with our 1900ccm engine.
We built these engines together, but mine ingested a screw right away, ruining much of the engine, including the block.
That is why I haven't talked about it here yet.
I built up another one, almost ready to go back in the car.

Note also that by now, there are many more participants with track-ready old cars.
So it may not look as fast anymore, because others can drive and have good tires too. :)

That is me in the passenger seat.

Here is the same event last year, now with our 1900ccm engine.
We built these engines together, but mine ingested a screw right away, ruining much of the engine, including the block.
That is why I haven't talked about it here yet.
I built up another one, almost ready to go back in the car.

Note also that by now, there are many more participants with track-ready old cars.
So it may not look as fast anymore, because others can drive and have good tires too. :)

That is me in the passenger seat.
Ingested a screw? How does that happen? Like I said, I’m new to all of this...

Back