FS: Various 1978/79 X1/9 Parts - Please See Below

D. Taylor

BadHairAudio
** New and Improved! Now with 100% More Prices! Pictures Forthcoming **

My apologies for misreading the guidelines wording of 'prices (Or Best Offer) is acceptable' to mean I could list the items with a price OR as 'Best Offer'. I made it a point to lurk around the forums for weeks before I registered and I read the FS&W guidelines and updated stickies before I posted. However, I missed a couple of things while doing so (like a comma not being present between 'price' and 'Or Best Offer). In future posts, I hope to avoid generating Kevin Hart memes ;).

As for pricing, I am unsure of what to ask for some of the items. If the prices are egregiously high, please let me know what a more reasonable price might be. I have searched eBay and checked various forums and FB groups with good results but I wasn't able to find everything on my list, especially for body and interior pieces. Thank you to everyone who responded and messaged me regarding the post.

I have many parts available from a 1978 and 1979 Fiat X1/9. I believe many of these parts will also work on other years/models of the X1/9. I will update the list with additional items (and pictures) when I find more stuff to list. Please contact me if you would like high-res pictures or have any questions about the items listed. In most cases, I am not looking for trades. However, I am looking for a few things. I will include that list, below. I am happy to ship and meet locally (Central Illinois) and I am happy to answer any questions you might have. Thank you.

- 2 stainless steel expansion tanks. 1 is polished stainless and the other in stainless but painted black. It would be easy to remove the black paint from the tank, if you would rather have a shiny, polished expansion tank. Both tanks are very clean, complete and without leaks. One was taken from my 1978 X1/9 and the other from my 1979 parts/donor car. PRICE: $150 each, plus shipping - Or Best Offer.

- Fuse panel with cut wires leading into the panel/box. Comes with relays and panel cover. The condition is solid, it should be easy to color match the wiring from your existing fuse/relay panel/box. I will include what fuses I have for the panel but you will need to acquire additional fuses. All relays appear functional (and were functional when I removed the fuse panel from my 1979 X1/9) and complete. PRICE: $70 plus shipping - Or Best Offer.

- Body/Mechanical Parts - Two complete headlight assemblies (without headlight motors - available separately) from a 1979 X1/9. The headlight assemblies are in good condition, overall. They will need to be sanded, primed and painted unless you prefer a slightly distressed look in red. There are areas of slight surface rust but no pitting or rotten areas. A little sanding, a sealer/primer spray and your color coat should make these headlight assemblies look factory fresh. They appear to be identical to the headlight assemblies in my 1978 X1/9 but I am unsure how interchangeable body/mechanical parts are. Price: $50 for the pair OR $30 each, plus shipping - Or Best Offer.

- Two fully functional, complete headlight motors. The headlight motors were working pulls from my 1979 X1/9 parts/donor car and have been stored inside along with all of my spare/extra/needed X1/9 parts. They will be tested again before being shipped out. They move freely and without issues. They are mostly blemish-free with only surface scratches. There does not appear to be any rust or damage to the exterior of the motors as they are coated with some type of conformal coating or other type of weather-proof coating. From what I was told by the previous owner of the donor car, these are original and have low usage as the car allegedly had fewer than 30k-miles when it was parked. I am unsure of differences between RIGHT and LEFT headlight motors but I have one of each. They are used but in very good condition. Both motors work as described. PRICE: $100 for the pair (LEFT and RIGHT) or $60 each plus shipping - Or Best Offer.

- 1978/79 Hard-top. The hard-top is complete but it shows fading from being stored outside (prior to buying the parts/donor car). It will likely need new seals/rubber and a refresh of the top to bring it back to factory condition. It is solid, complete and most importantly? It fits nicely on both the 78 and 79 X1/9. PRICE: $100 plus shipping - Or Best Offer.

More to come...

Last edited:
I'll say it before a mod does.... forum rules explicitly state When posting items for sale, you must include the following information; description, model year application, price (be specific, price each item, price "Or Best Offer" permitted)....

I'll say it before a mod does.... forum rules explicitly state When posting items for sale, you must include the following information; description, model year application, price (be specific, price each item, price "Or Best Offer" permitted)....

I PM'd the seller. He is going to work on figuring out some prices. He is a new member, so let's be patient.

This is a nice place. We should remember that often. That alone makes all our cars more interesting than anything automotive that ever came out of Germany

Any chance you have headers??

I believe I have both of the parts you are looking for but I will have to double check and add pictures, too. I plan to go through my inventory tonight and look for requested parts and add more to the listing. I will also post pictures tonight. Thank you.

Back