clutch alignment pins

pafiat

True Classic
Hi, putting a new clutch into the beast (5speed 1500) and noticed the flywheel has a mild groove in it where the clutch plate rubs so good time to give it a light re-surface. How does one remove the little pins/dowels that locate the pressure plate on the flywheel so the machine shop can have a clear go at it?
Rgds Pat

Or use vice-grips and a good wack. I welded a ring onto a old pair of vice grips so I can use a slide-hammer on it - for just these types of jobs.
Looks something like one of these:
7005.jpg
EasyPullerMain.jpg

Or use vice-grips and a good wack. I welded a ring onto a old pair of vice grips so I can use a slide-hammer on it - for just these types of jobs.
Looks something like one of these:
View attachment 19460 View attachment 19461
I've got an old Craftsman slide hammer that has a chuck on the end. I've used it to pull dowel sized items out of objects but never tried it on a flywheel. Probably would work. The intended purpose of the chuck was to hold a sheet metal screw that would attach to the bodywork to be pulled.

What did you use to drill? Hand-held drill and a steady hand, or a drill press?

I did it on my mill but a drill press would work as well, even a handheld drill and some care would work, just make sure your drill bit is smaller than the pin diameter so it leaves a step for the pin to seat on. The added plus is you can claim a lightened flywheel... LOL

Back