Looking for nice 13” wheels

Well Chris, what we have and what's for sale are two different things! :D:cool::p I guess it all depends on what your budget is and what you really consider to be "nice 13" rims". MWB has quite a few sets up on their site right now. I shouldn't even be looking. Wow, compared to Ebay, that is a good price on the set of CD-30 repros. So shiny! Look away Jim!! Good thing I am not a fish.

Do you have a style of wheel you are looking for? That might help shake something loose from someone that suddenly realizes they have a set in the corner somewhere. It took me almost 5 years to find enough ATS Classics to complete a set. Although not a matching set. The I just kept asking every 6 months or so till someone found a set in their shed. Now I have seven, so not enough for 2 sets. I have five 13x6 and 2 13x5.5. Three of the five 13x6 have proper Fiat backspacing, the other 2 do not. So I run the rear wheels with spacers and the fronts with none. It is a never ending quest to find a really good set of 13" wheels.

As for what I have, I think this is all of them other than stray steel wheels. Four sets for three cars, but you always need an extra set for your autocross tires. ;)
IM003161.JPG ansen_all.JPG Achilles_for_124_3.JPG IM001632.JPG

Last edited:
http://johnbrownwheels.com/
I just ordered 13” wheels from them, good selection and prices IMO. Also ordered a good set of tires from them as our selection of 13” tires is extremely limited here. Shipping was not bad either surprisingly, coming from UK

I have a set of original magnesium Abarth/Cromodora CD-30s I'd probably be willing to let go. They're light on corrosion or other damage, but are "driver" condition cosmetically... if you're putting them on a car with very nice paint, you'd probably want to respray them.

Hey all! Still looking for some nice 13” rims. Let me know what you got!

You can try Andy's Spiders in Toronto. If you're in the area, you can see if he has a set. He doesn't always, but you might get lucky. I've bought and sold many wheels with Andy. Andy's prices are usually decent, depends on what he's got at the time.

There's also Joe Pileggi at Selective Auto in Toronto. Joe is a nice guy. He's not the cheapest, but he has some interesting vintage wheels - some are VERY cool looking.

Bwa sport stars? Oldrascal (hope I spelled it right!!) has a set of nice coil overs for sale and shows a couple of pics with these! Says 8”?? Has no fender flares and they look awesome!! I’m a little confused as I didn’t think they would stay inside the wheel lips! Also, not too keen on wobble bolts if they are not 98mm! I like the deep dish look and don’t want flares. Are wobble bolts safe? Lots of 4x100’s out there! Couple sets of Jim D’s look good too??

My pictures were all thumbnails, if you click them you get the bigger picture. The first set are BWA Sportstars and the second set are called Ansens (and a couple other names too)

The BWA Sportstars are 4x98 with the proper Fiat center bore size and use 33mm Fiat lugs bolts. I bought a set of Ricardo's BWA center cap repros to complete the look.
IM003285.JPG

I will use a picture of Tony's X for the Ansens. These Ansen wheels are 4x98, but the center bore is over sized and benefits from a centering ring. The Ansens also use shouldered lug nuts and studs rather than typical Fiat lug bolts. :

balcktooth 011.jpg

I might be able to part with a set of CD-58's - but hubcaps might not be included. I have to see if I have 4 caps to go with them. I think they're one of the nicest looking wheels you can find on an X1/9

79-X19.JPG

I have a set of original magnesium Abarth/Cromodora CD-30s I'd probably be willing to let go. They're light on corrosion or other damage, but are "driver" condition cosmetically... if you're putting them on a car with very nice paint, you'd probably want to respray them.

If the OP doesn’t want them, how much would you want for the CD30s?

Im looking for one extra CD50 14 inch daytona. I have several spares of odd wheels laying around. I also have a treasure trove of 13 inch wheels up on eBay right now.

If someone is missing a wheel I might have an extra.

My pictures were all thumbnails, if you click them you get the bigger picture. The first set are BWA Sportstars and the second set are called Ansens (and a couple other names too)

The BWA Sportstars are 4x98 with the proper Fiat center bore size and use 33mm Fiat lugs bolts. I bought a set of Ricardo's BWA center cap repros to complete the look.
View attachment 20306

I will use a picture of Tony's X for the Ansens. These Ansen wheels are 4x98, but the center bore is over sized and benefits from a centering ring. The Ansens also use shouldered lug nuts and studs rather than typical Fiat lug bolts. :

View attachment 20307
How much for the ansens? Sportstars?

How much?

How much for the ansens? Sportstars?
Currently, if I sold a set I would need to replace them. Replacing them would be hard, as you know. So I don't currently have a set to sell.

I bought the BWAs from Vicks last year and I bought the CD31s off a guy on mirafiori many years ago. The Ansens pictured and the first 3 ATS came on a parts cars I purchased in a group of 3 X1/9s found on a ranch in Colby, KS back in 2005. A former Xweb member talked me out of those pristine Ansens and then never paid for them. The Ansens I currently have came to me on the 85X I purchased in 2013.

Keep your eye on CL for parts cars and look closely at the wheels. Any old Fiat may have what you want, don't just focus on Xs. Patience is key in the wheel hunt.

To those asking about my mag CD30s, I'd be asking $650 + shipping. I don't want to hijack this thread, so please respond via PM if you have interest. No one has "dibs" at this point.

Hi Chris
I have a set of 5 cd 91s that I had powder coated. If you want them, $400 Canadian and I'll deliver from Peterborough. You saw them at Prestwick.

Back