Fiat 128 SL parts car; Arizona

I love that at one point he thought he could repair that damage with some Bondo. Looks like it did not cover as much as he hoped. :D

1300 engine, 4-speed trans & axles, front suspension, radiator, hood, front grille/lights, d/s front fender, p/s door - all good spares for the price. With it being a '74 model, there's the added bonus of the factory 128 4-2-1 exhaust manifold/downpipe set-up, too!

If anyone's buying, I'll chip in for the front struts/springs, the center floor console, the heater assembly & the engine crossmember. ;)

Last edited:
If anyone is buying this I'd like to buy the front seats. My 1973 128SL has non-reclining seats and would love to switch to the later seats. Don't care about the seat covers, just need the seat frames with the reclining mechanism. Anyone going to buy it? I'm 2000 miles away otherwise I would.

Ha! No doubt a deal could be made. Problem is, I have a trailer (available to me), but no tow vehicle. :(
I usually have a tow vehicle available to me and would be glad to help but my son has taken his car apart and now is using the tow vehicle as his daily driver.

If anyone's buying, I'll chip in for the front struts/springs, the center floor console, the heater assembly & the engine crossmember. ;)

Wait, you have a coupe now? I might have an extra console. Heater, maybe, but my spares are likely sedan/wagon.

Ha! No doubt a deal could be made. Problem is, I have a trailer (available to me), but no tow vehicle. :(

You can rent a U-Haul 1/2 ton pickup for 1 week that includes 700 miles for about $400. I do it all the time for racing. One of the few companies that you can rent a truck where they let you tow. I have yet to rent one that had more than 4000 miles on it. Nothing like towing with a new vehicle . I just checked, and Google Maps says it’s 336 miles from Norco to Phoenix, so under 700 round trip.

Marc in Indy

Wait, you have a coupe now? I might have an extra console. Heater, maybe, but my spares are likely sedan/wagon.

No Coupe, just my 2 Wagons. ;)

The Coupe front struts/springs are considered a "happy medium" for lowering the front end somewhere between the tall Sedan/Wagon strut/spring height & the short X1/9 rear strut/spring height. Thought of maybe trying them out for winter driving (snow).

The Coupe floor console is a nice swap-in for a "factory" cup-holder & mini parcel tray (for wallet, glasses, phone, coins, etc.). Things tend to get swallowed up if put in the passenger-side "glovebox" (tray), & are hard to reach from the drivers seat.

The other stuff - one of my Wagons came to me without the heater assembly & with a very fubar'd crossmember (not useable).

I don't really need anything from this car beyond these parts, so spending $xxx dollars for the car + another $xxx to go out & drag it all the way home from Phoenix makes no financial sense for me. Plus, getting rid of the leftover carcass around here is a pita (or a lot of work).

Thanks Carl for the tip on the Miata seats. The early Miata seats are kind of expensive on Craigslist and I'm trying to keep the 73 128SL all Fiat. But doesn't Mazda make the new 124? So maybe there is a connection between the two companies.
Jeff, if you (or anyone else on this forum) do get this totaled 128SL there are several items I'll buy from you. Front seats, the speedometer (the blue 128SL is in KM), and other stuff. I would think you would recover your expenses of buying and hauling this coupe. They are so rare now.
Also Jeff I think I have an extra 128 crossmember. You're talking about the part that the lower engine/transmission mount bolts to? Let me know if that's what your 128 wagon needs.

No Coupe, just my 2 Wagons. ;)

The Coupe front struts/springs are considered a "happy medium" for lowering the front end somewhere between the tall Sedan/Wagon strut/spring height & the short X1/9 rear strut/spring height. Thought of maybe trying them out for winter driving (snow).

The Coupe floor console is a nice swap-in for a "factory" cup-holder & mini parcel tray (for wallet, glasses, phone, coins, etc.). Things tend to get swallowed up if put in the passenger-side "glovebox" (tray), & are hard to reach from the drivers seat.

The other stuff - one of my Wagons came to me without the heater assembly & with a very fubar'd crossmember (not useable).

Ahhh! Ok, makes sense. Couple of notes:

1. Coupe consoles are different than sedans if memory serves. Does a coupe one fit a sedan? I've never tried, or paid much attention to floor pan differences... I have spare consoles, and probably a sedan/wagon one with the storage bin attached.

2. The sedan/wagon heater box is different than the coupes. The core is the same but the plastic housings and flapper doors are not. I refurbished a couple for sedans and one for my coupe so I got up close and personal with them. I probably have spare sedan/wagon bits I could part with.

3. If the coupe crossmember is the same as a sedan/wagon I might have an extra. Time to dig out the parts book...

4. My coupe came with X struts and no spares so I can't help there.

Back