lawn mower safety bar clamp?

carl

True Classic
I hate to ask this here but I don't know anyone around me to ask and I tried searching on the net but apparently don't have the right search logic.

Your basic gas or electric mower has a bar you have to keep up against the handle or the engine dies, a safety thing. My arthritic hands start to really hurt while holding this bar and I was wondering what people have used to hold the safety bar up against the handle but that can be released easily. Something more elegant than vice grips!

OK, you guys are on the same page as I am, thought for sure Amazon would market something totally cool for just this purpose.

The last one I removed did not just kill the ignition, it also shoved a pin into the crank... It would stop the thing with a loud clunk. I could not believe they would do such a thing. Yes, I disabled that right away!!

did not just kill the ignition, it also shoved a pin into the crank
I kind of get what they were probably thinking, "this is an emergency and the blades need to be stopped immediately to save a life". But that should only be in the actual event of an emergency, not everyday use. Some difference in the way it is activated for those two scenarios is needed. Otherwise it will destroy the engine in very short time. Sometimes our society's legal liability issues just go way too far.

Back