2019 Midwest-Bayless Open House - June 8th

JimD

Waiting for Godot...
I plan to attend, just thought I would post the event info here on Xweb for folks that don't use Facebook.

What: 2019 Midwest-Bayless Open House

When: Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 11 AM – 3 PM EDT

Where:
Midwest-Bayless Italian Auto
1333 Kingry St.
Columbus, Ohio USA 43211

that is a race weekend at MIS, bummer. I think I will leave it to fate. if I can get the 124 at least running, I will head down so I can pick up a few larger parts I need. if I dont get the engine running, then I will redneck it at MIS. as I dont want to put more into it until I know it is worth saving.

Odie

I plan to attend, just thought I would post the event info here on Xweb for folks that don't use Facebook.

What: 2019 Midwest-Bayless Open House

When: Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 11 AM – 3 PM EDT

Where:
Midwest-Bayless Italian Auto
1333 Kingry St.
Columbus, Ohio USA 43211

Hello Jim, are you driving or trailering?

Hello Jim, are you driving or trailering?
It will depend on the weather and circumstances at home. If the weather looks good and conditions on the home front appear stable, I will drive my 85X. If the weather and home front forecasts are unstable, I will trailer.

It will depend on the weather and circumstances at home. If the weather looks good and conditions on the home front appear stable, I will drive my 85X. If the weather and home front forecasts are unstable, I will trailer.
Like you it all depends on the weather.

Like you it all depends on the weather.

Well, Hey there Peter! Just dropped in to see what was new around this old place here (ingrained habits die slowly, I suppose), and I saw this posting.

As a result of a recent bookcase clear-out, I've uncovered an old notebook filled full of yellow X and general Fiat stuff. Mostly dealer brochures (several of which I now suspect to be very rare), old magazine road test copies, and a big whack of pictures that I took when the car was new.

I've been wanting to get this notebook to you as a part of the car's legacy. And thru reading the above, if it is your intent to come all the way out to C-Bus for Matt's gig, I could likely arrange to drop by so to give it to you in person and to say Hello again.

But if not, then shoot me your address somehow and I can ship it out to you.

Thanks - Dave Meredith

Well, Hey there Peter! Just dropped in to see what was new around this old place here (ingrained habits die slowly, I suppose), and I saw this posting.

As a result of a recent bookcase clear-out, I've uncovered an old notebook filled full of yellow X and general Fiat stuff. Mostly dealer brochures (several of which I now suspect to be very rare), old magazine road test copies, and a big whack of pictures that I took when the car was new.

I've been wanting to get this notebook to you as a part of the car's legacy. And thru reading the above, if it is your intent to come all the way out to C-Bus for Matt's gig, I could likely arrange to drop by so to give it to you in person and to say Hello again.

But if not, then shoot me your address somehow and I can ship it out to you.

Thanks - Dave Meredith
Hello Dave,

Good to hear from you. My visit to the open house all depends on the weather closer to the time. I will stay in touch.

Peter

Can’t believe a year has past already. Won’t be able to make it this year but I look forward to manny pictures.

Sadly I have a strategery meeting the day before liable to run over and have to be in Chicago early on Sunday morning (for work) so its just the wrong weekend for me.

Have a great time, truly sorry I can’t make it.

Midwest-Bayless Open House, same day of my birth, sorry to be not present but I will be there in 2020.
Have fun and great meet!

Yves

I'm planning to attend. This will be my first one. Driving my 81x from Pittsburgh. If anyone is coming that direction and wants to cruise together let me know

Woohoo!! I made it back from the MWB open house! Long drive, but well worth it. This was the biggest turn out I have seen. The entire lot (which is fairly large) was lined with fine Italian coachwork. :) I thought I took pictures in both directions, but I guess not. Here are a couple pictures on the long end of the MWB lot.
20190608_112832.jpg 20190608_112842.jpg

Here are 2 pictures from the Cars'n'Coffee in the early AM prior to the open house.
20190608_104555.jpg 20190608_104619.jpg

As always, a big thanks to Matt, Marnie, Brayden and the entire MWB staff that make this event a success each year. And thanks to Leslie for feeding us so well again this year. :)

Back