Funky valve stem

Chris in Canada

True Classic
6C9F053A-2C00-4653-9819-87AD7AB208B3.jpeg
looking for this valve stem for a set of oz racing hamanns. Not fiat but European and I was hoping someone here could help!!

Chris, there are a couple different styles that I know of. I can't quite tell from your picture which one that is; looks like part of it has broken off?
OZ, BBS, and other Euro wheels have used various styles over the years, plus there are aftermarket ones. Some of the original special styles are no longer available. But one of the aftermarket ones should be close.

Here is the most common "flush" one that is currently available (second pic is the back side). It uses an adapter to connect a air chuck (the taller piece in the first pic):
s-l300.jpg
images.jpg

And here are a couple of other styles that may also be similar to yours (these are not flush):
s-l1000 (1).jpg

s-l1000.jpg

Was your's a "flush" (hidden) type or did it stand up above the rim? If you have more pictures (including one mounted on the rim) and some dimensions it will help to ID it.

The tire shop snapped the top half off removing the core! It goes through the rim looking like one of the bolts! HAS to thread in from outside as the opening is not straight through. Goes straight in, same as rim bolts, and then angles in.
upload_2019-5-16_19-19-14.jpeg

It goes through the rim looking like one of the bolts
Then none of the items I showed will work. These are not any normal type of valve stem, but one of the unique designs I mentioned as being no longer available. A couple of wheel companies did a similar thing with the stem disguised as a rim bolt. Usually it is unique to the particular model of wheel. You might start contacting the shop that damaged the existing one, they may be buying your wheels from you.

Do you have a friend with a lathe? You may have to take a good stem to a machine shop and see if you can have one or more made. I don't know how expensive that would be, but it may be your only hope.

Chris,

That valve stem looks a lot like the ones on my 1975 Ford 3000 tractor wheels. They are made so a farmer can add "liquid weight" to the rear tires.

I don't add weight to mine but I pulled that stem once to seal a leak and it broke. Got new ones at Tractor Supply.

Back