Interesting X in Eugene Oregon

This was up for sale not too long ago, most likely different seller now though. Personally I really like the style of this car.

Not quite the untouched pristine example as he suggests. Some interesting mods.

I have been texting with Him. I mentioned 1) He should just keep it and enjoy it 2) He should visit here to list it as well.

Would go to $4,500 last we spoke.

?is the supports being cut from the center console much of a concern. I will admit I like how the interior turned out!

though I would miss being able to store the top in the frunk

OK guys, this X really gets around. It was in Denver when someone posted it to the FS&W back in 2018, but was brown/black. It was in Ohio at the 2016 MWB open house before that in black/brown with bread pan bumper blocks. So is it really red/black now? Or is that red photoshopped onto the car? It looks painted, but then notice that the pass side mirror is still brown. A stock engine cover is fitted now, but it looks brown on the side. The antenna base is now red, but sure looks like the same antenna. Wheels are different. Inside door jambs, rear trunk, engine bay still brown. I suppose the new owner may have sprayed the main sections of exterior in "resale red" for a quick color change from brown.

At MWB in 2016. You can see the checkerboard console switch:
DSCF0061.JPG DSCF0062.JPG DSCF0064.JPG

Just as an example of photoshopping a color change: When I was trying to decide if I wanted to go with those 15" Rota wheels on my 85, I transformed MWB's yellow K20 to orange. Pretty convincing for a quick color scale tweak, but apparently the seasons also change when you skew the color from yellow to orange. :)
ROTA wheels orig.JPG ROTA wheels.jpg

Last edited:
Found it in my pictures from the 2011 Nashville FFO with only a few of the eventual mods. You can see the "strut brace" in the engine bay and the unusual glove box emblem.
R1-07398-013A.jpg

Last edited:
Found it in my pictures from the 2011 Nashville FFO with only a few of the eventual mods. You can see the "strut bracce" in the engine bay and the unusual glove box emblem.
View attachment 22369
JimD, Those pictures show the CMS wheels (German) that I had on my X1/9 prior to changing them out to the CD31s. (Sill have them)...

Also, the ad did state there is a red wrap over the original brown paint. The new owner didn’t enjoy the brown color. I thought the brown was very nice.

Some very interesting mods indeed. It has cup holders and holes in the frunk.

And I thought I was the only one with that style of wheel on an X1/9.

Mike

3AC6E327-6454-44BB-BFF1-90167767B741.jpeg

Also, the ad did state there is a red wrap over the original brown paint.
Ahhhhh... that explains the odd look of the color in places that made me think it was photoshopped. I didnt read the ad obviously. :rolleyes: I rarely read the ads anymore, I have enough cars.

Super interesting car. While I truly dig the wood cup holders, where did the center console go?

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 10.17.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 10.18.16 PM.png

Who is the Canadian dude who was doing a Ferrari-like interior? This is a good example (please disregard any chassis flex, it's cool to be a Miata).

I really love the seats or seat covers on this car tho.
Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 10.18.02 PM.png

Quite nice.

Seems like a nice ride for the price. I certainly didn't see any rust in the photos, but there were just a few. If no rust as the seller says, then it is probably worth the ask.

Aha! That was really bothering me and I couldn't remember why, it was brown last time it came up!. . . . I liked it better in brown. Definitely unique mods. Won't be the last we see it I imagine.

JimD, Those pictures show the CMS wheels (German) that I had on my X1/9 prior to changing them out to the CD31s. (Sill have them)...

Also, the ad did state there is a red wrap over the original brown paint. The new owner didn’t enjoy the brown color. I thought the brown was very nice.

Some very interesting mods indeed. It has cup holders and holes in the frunk.

And I thought I was the only one with that style of wheel on an X1/9.

Mike

View attachment 22370

Like the Alfa too!

Like the Alfa too!
Oh, that ol’ Thing??? It is the wife’s. I don’t get to drive it much...lol
It is a wonderful car. And the best part is that it is Italian and I don’t need to do anything to it. Not that I would know where to start with these new vehicles nowadays.
Thank Jim,
:)
Mike

Same car.....wrapped in red. He was very active in the FBook page asking about wheels and offsets if i remember well

Back