1973 124 Coupe on Ebay

I missed that one.

A nice CC Coupe. The really nice one from the past was the one in my neck of the woods which was a BC and I should have muscled up and bought it.

I will watch this one, nice car, doesn’t look too effed with and despite it being a CC its not a bad one, at least it doesn’t have the ‘75 bumpers.

I bid on it, Carl will have to pick it up for me if I win it. I will put a bunch of insurance on it and park it in front of his house.

A quick glance at the pics, it looks to be in very nice condition. Wonder what he has for a reserve.

I used to see that car at various car events in the DC area. The wheels impressed, the color did not. I'll be happy for K to part it in front of my house and I'll make a nice "hit me" sign if you want.

Unlikely that I will be getting it. I literally would have to park it at Carl’s house until my other house sells...

If I were to spend that kind of money there is something else I would rather buy on ebay right now.

The wheels impressed, the color did not.
I agree that the color did not excite me at all when I looked at the pics. However there are times when you find a really nice car with no rust or damage and it still has the original paint in excellent condition, making it too good to repaint just for the sake of color. In those cases you buff and polish it and learn to like the color. I'm not saying this is necessarily one of those cases, but that was the thought I had when I saw the pictures. An example that comes to mind was a '74 German Opal 1900 Ascona Wagon with the full "Sport" option and EFI, that I once found in pristine original condition and very low miles for a great price. They were rather rare, I have a thing for wagons, and it was too nice to pass up...but it was a "baby poop" burnt-orange color (wish I still had that car). There is something to be said for original factory paint; in most cases it is better than pretty much any repaint.

Nope, in this case I could literally not enjoy that coupe because of the color. You will lose no points with God if you have it repainted.

It does look very odd on that car. Funny though, pretty much the same tan color ("Sahara Beige") looks great on a BMW 2002 or other cars.

I sort of like that band-aid color. I had been interested in the BC that was floating around in that color a few years ago. Sports cars in unlikely colors are cool in my book (says the guy who’s had 10 million red cars, a panda/Abarth colored 124 Spider, and a hot rod matte black car).

I might be going to look at this car tomorrow for someone else. Not for me Carl. To bad I got rid of my trailer.:cool:

Not happy to hear you got rid of the trailer but the coupe would not have fit on it anyway. Now you can go buy a larger trailer!

I have a nice trailer you can use but I live in Western Ohio now :(

I like the tan color personally. But I've always been an odd one with things like that. I like that it comes with extra parts and a razor blade, which every Fiat should come with. You either use the razor blade on vacuum hoses or yourself once you get fed up tracing down mysterious vacuum leaks.

Actually...I have a nice trailer you can buy. I'm thinking of selling it. Includes all new straps and a winch.

Sports cars in unlikely colors are cool in my book
I like the tan color personally. But I've always been an odd one with things like that.
It's funny, I really like odd cars and unusual design features but not odd colors, so no lime green, purple, etc. Although I also don't like really common colors for my own cars, so no red or black, etc. However tan is like I said, it looks good on some cars but not others. Same with some blues, white, yellow, etc. If I had to pick a general favorite car color I guess it would be a silver/grey. To me that can work on most vehicles. Yet I've only had a few in that color. Often the color is not the reason I choose a old classic car; rather its condition, rareness, build potential, unique features, etc are the motivation. Therefore if I wanted a 124 Coupe, and this one was in a condition that I was happy with for a good price, then its tan color could be o.k.

Hey, lime green is amazing on the X and a BMW 2002.
Huey, I hope the trailer winch is not the one we used to put the X onto your trailer (with stuck brakes on the X).

lime green is amazing
Lime green takes me back in the 70's. There were some weird fads for car colors and paint schemes. Pastels and fluorescents were popular. Things like large airbrush murals on vans, large multicolor 'rainbow' stripes on cars, big daisies on VW's. And all of the "muscle car" colors (including lime green, purple, orange, etc). I never cared for most of that. But the 70's vans and mini trucks, with the period correct colors/paint designs, have made a huge comeback recently.

Hey, lime green is amazing on the X and a BMW 2002.
Huey, I hope the trailer winch is not the one we used to put the X onto your trailer (with stuck brakes on the X).

LOL I had forgotten about that. No, this is a different trailer with a real winch. But hey, that thing worked -- the little winch that could.

Back