Calling all engineers....

Seriously? You created a new thread pointing to your other thread? Asking for more input on your other thread? o_O

It's probably the heat, it gets pretty hot where Doc lives. Perhaps his personal cooling pump is not functioning properly.

Seriously? You created a new thread pointing to your other thread? Asking for more input on your other thread?
Yes. I wanted to call attention to engineers specifically (hence the title of this thread). Something that might not have been accomplished with the other thread's title. I'd really like to get some input from people that know about this stuff on a technical level. I once tried to research it when I was building performance jet skis, and finally gave up...it is beyond my scope. So "professional" input would be greatly appreciated. Is that a bad thing?

Yes. I wanted to call attention to engineers specifically (hence the title of this thread). Something that might not have been accomplished with the other thread's title. I'd really like to get some input from people that know about this stuff on a technical level. I once tried to research it when I was building performance jet skis, and finally gave up...it is beyond my scope. So "professional" input would be greatly appreciated. Is that a bad thing?

I just don't see the point of creating a new thread, with no new content, that points "all engineers" to go read the original thread. You could have changed the title of the old post to add "calling engineers", or just bumped the old post with a new reply "calling engineers" to bring the thread back to "new" status. Or a combination of those two options.

I'm an engineer. No frickin' idea what the answer to the question is. Should I post this in the other thread as well?

Comparing the performance of the various pumps is doable with an electric motor, a 5 gallon bucket of water, a stopwatch and some hose.
Also, once you have determined the performance of the pumps there are still so many variables in the cooling system that the pump results are almost meaningless, and you might find that there is very little flow difference in the pumps.
It would be nice to know what the actual problem is that you are trying to solve.

I'm adding some more information to the other thread, that might help with a comparison between the two basic impeller designs. It will be interesting to see if that can offer any insight to how the two might be different functionally. Thanks

Back