Preferred WWF reservoir style?

Gary McCormick

True Classic
Prepping the X for sale? My parts bin includes operating “in headlight well” WWF bag and pump, and “in front trunk” WWF reservoir and pump.

I have always used bag style, but am wondering if Forum members think that reservoir style adds a little value.

Input requested.

Regards,
Gary McCormick
‘79X and ‘98 Z3 2.8L
Carlisle, PA

If you have both, I would say install and use what would be stock for that year. If you are including a parts stash with the sale, put the unused one in the parts stash. If no parts stash with sale, then put the unused one in the FS&W section or eBay.

The late model is frickin' huge, so it has that going for it. The early model is discreet, hidden away in the headlight pod, but certainly looks "old school". IMHO I can't imagine anyone being tilted one way or the other by the style of washer reservoir. At least not enough to pay more or less for the car. Keep in mind that changing between the styles means relocating the wires and tubes that make it function.

If you have both, I would say install and use what would be stock for that year. If you are including a parts stash with the sale, put the unused one in the parts stash. If no parts stash with sale, then put the unused one in the FS&W section or eBay.
Thanks Dan. I’ll probably put the stock ‘79 bag in and put reservoir up for sale.

I agree, which one you use would have no impact on sellability or price.
I got rid of the bag and installed the big one! I think it still has the original fluid I put in it 5 plus years ago!!! I didn’t care about originality, just practicality!

I retrofitted my ‘85 with the bag. I always thought the size of that later one was absurdly oversized. Of course, I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve used the washers.
I also had a better use for the space once occupied by the reservoir:

BC9BA315-0139-45A8-957B-5FAC50AC8DA5.jpeg

Prepping the X for sale? My parts bin includes operating “in headlight well” WWF bag and pump, and “in front trunk” WWF reservoir and pump.

I have always used bag style, but am wondering if Forum members think that reservoir style adds a little value.

Input requested.

Regards,
Gary McCormick
‘79X and ‘98 Z3 2.8L
Carlisle, PA

Back