Wanted Cromodora CD31 wheel(s)

MikeHynes

True Classic
I have one Cromodora CD31 wheel that needs repair. I am beginning to think that I'll never be able to find someone who can repair it, and if I do, that it won't make sense to spend what it will take to fix it.
So...does anyone have an orphan Cromodora CD 31 wheel that they would like to sell? (13" x 5.5" on 4 on 98mm bolt pattern)
20190809_140939.jpg

I have one Cromodora CD31 wheel that needs repair. I am beginning to think that I'll never be able to find someone who can repair it, and if I do, that it won't make sense to spend what it will take to fix it.
So...does anyone have an orphan Cromodora CD 31 wheel that they would like to sell? (13" x 5.5" on 4 on 98mm bolt pattern)
View attachment 25283
That can't be the one needing repair.

That can't be the one needing repair.

That's what I was thinking, turns out it's one of his other CD-31's that needs the repair work.

index.php

Except for the rim maybe being distorted towards the center near when it says made in Italy, you might try finding a welder specializing in magnesium repair. I had a rare Cromodora rim once that had a chunk missing from the edge of the rim, about an inch or more across. I took it to a specialized welder who worked on inspecting and repairing magnesium parts for helicopters. He welded a piece back in and machined it so it looked like new again. Pretty amazing.

I still have three used ones... Like you, the forth wheel in the set I purchased in Italy was (broken).

Well, I had a local alloy wheel re-painter/repairer do my CD-31s. One needed some welding on the rim area. He sent it out to some place in Phoenix. Came back perfact. $120 or so. Compared with the cost of one of those wheels, that is minor. So, I would just check with your local alloy rim person (there's one in every city due to all the dealers needing wheels repainted).

Back