European 1500 camshafts for sale

Dino66

True Classic
image.jpg i have two euro camshafts for sale. They are both from 1987 cars and the cam lobes measured with a micrometer measure 37.5mm x 28.2mm, so this will give you the lift.
Hopefully this will be an upgrade for some
£130 including shipping costs. This is for the bare camshaft and assumes PayPal as friends to get over the fees.

Last edited:
Is this European camshaft can work with a Fuel Injected 1500 motor? … or only carburetor?

All UK cars were carburettor models, we never had fuel injection, so I’m afraid I’m unable to answer your question. I’m sure someone on here would know the answer for you

I already have a D223 camshaft from MWB,
Somebody know if European camshaft is similar to the D223 ?

The reason maybe I will change is for have the original base circle.

A couple of the popular American vendors offer "new" cams that are stated to be like the European spec cam. One is described as a regrind, the other says it is from a new billet. Both have undersized base circles (I don't understand why a new cam made from a new billet would be made that way). Unfortunately one of those does not offer much information on its specifications, but the other one has a nice spec sheet (below). From what little data I could get on the one with limited info, it appears to be rather different from the other one (with the full spec sheet). It would be interesting to be able to see more about the limited one so a better comparison can be made; unfortunately that vendor does not have further info to offer. Also I'd like to see a spec sheet for the stock Euro cam to compare the others with it, as neither appear to be exact clones. I'm sure there must be full specs available somewhere for the Euro cam? Although it will likely be in the rather useless format that does not comply with the industry standard (e.g. lift at .05"). I wonder if anyone has actually profiled the stock Euro spec cam? SteveC was working on doing this for several performance cams but I don't think he has done it for the stock one(?).

The spec sheet for the MWB D-223 (#B21A) cam (listed at the more helpful .05" lift):
624-B21A-Specs.jpg

A couple of the popular American vendors offer "new" cams that are stated to be like the European spec cam. One is described as a regrind, the other says it is from a new billet. Both have undersized base circles (I don't understand why a new cam made from a new billet would be made that way). Unfortunately one of those does not offer much information on its specifications, but the other one has a nice spec sheet (below). From what little data I could get on the one with limited info, it appears to be rather different from the other one (with the full spec sheet). It would be interesting to be able to see more about the limited one so a better comparison can be made; unfortunately that vendor does not have further info to offer. Also I'd like to see a spec sheet for the stock Euro cam to compare the others with it, as neither appear to be exact clones. I'm sure there must be full specs available somewhere for the Euro cam? Although it will likely be in the rather useless format that does not comply with the industry standard (e.g. lift at .05"). I wonder if anyone has actually profiled the stock Euro spec cam? SteveC was working on doing this for several performance cams but I don't think he has done it for the stock one(?).

The spec sheet for the MWB D-223 (#B21A) cam (listed at the more helpful .05" lift):
View attachment 28568
Because the SOHC cam has to fit through the bearing journals, it is common to see smaller base circles on high lift cams even if they are made from a new billet. I've got one made from a new (well, new in ~1980) CWC billet and it has a slightly smaller base circle due to the 10.6 mm of lift.

Because the SOHC cam has to fit through the bearing journals, it is common to see smaller base circles on high lift cams even if they are made from a new billet. I've got one made from a new (well, new in ~1980) CWC billet and it has a slightly smaller base circle due to the 10.6 mm of lift.
However according to the listings from some of the cam makers in Europe, they offer high lifts with stock base circles. I don't recall the actual specs, but I remember there were some above 10mm with a stock base. Your lift of 10.6 is higher than most, so I can see why the base circle might need to be a little smaller. The cam in question is listed as having a lift of 10.2 (or possibly 10.5, the listing seems to contradict itself so I don't know what the actual lift is). So it might get down to a fraction of a mm of lift height as to when the base needs to be reduced. Furthermore it would be nice to know how much the base has been reduced (the actual base circle dimension), but there just isn't much info to go on...in fact the listing does not even mention that the base is reduced (that information was posted on this forum).

Getting back on topic, I would assume the euro cam is the same materials and quality of the stock US cams. I also assume it's a mild upgrade from our cams as it was expected to perform properly and without drama in a production car. If I was going to cam up my X, which is stock internally, I would probably go this route. No funky timing to get it to idle or things breaking in the head because of questionable quality, etc.

Getting back on topic, I would assume the euro cam is the same materials and quality of the stock US cams. I also assume it's a mild upgrade from our cams as it was expected to perform properly and without drama in a production car. If I was going to cam up my X, which is stock internally, I would probably go this route. No funky timing to get it to idle or things breaking in the head because of questionable quality, etc.
I agree. However finding a good used Euro spec cam can get a bit expensive, especially with the shipping to the US. Which is why I discussed the US made aftermarket "clones" that are new, readily available, and much more affordable....assuming they are indeed clones. I'd love to see the actual specs (hopefully in standardized format) for the stock Euro cam. Anyone have any data on them?

Don't call it a clone until you compare specs.
Exactly! That's why I ask for specs on the Euro cam, and why I put "clone" in quotations.

In fact, the two cams available in the US are both described as being like the Euro cam. But based on the limited information given by one of them, they are VERY different from one another. So it isn't possible for both to be like a Euro cam....perhaps one of them is ???

However I agree that the best option is to get an actual factory Euro spec cam. Not long ago there were still some new ones offered online. But the last time I looked I did not see any listed, so maybe they are all taken now?

...the two cams available in the US are both described as being like the Euro cam. But based on the limited information given by one of them, they are VERY different from one another. So it isn't possible for both to be like a Euro cam....perhaps one of them is ???

Who cares if they are? Those cams aren't what's being offered in this ad!

If you really need to know factory specs for a Euro 1500 cam (or other-vendor cams), please, start your own thread in the Discussion or Workshop section, & let Dino66's FS post do its job (selling his cams). You're back-handedly hijacking his FS post.

However I agree that the best option is to get an actual factory Euro spec cam.

TRIPLE_FACEPALM.jpg

I have profiled the stock euro cam together with FAZA and PBS cams.
The curves are in the forum and have somewhat recently been discussed.

This thread takes the usual direction of many serious for sale threads, discussing alternative, other products and others offering the same product. We really do need to clean up our act here.

I have profiled the stock euro cam together with FAZA and PBS cams.
The curves are in the forum and have somewhat recently been discussed.
Ulix, I could not find your posts on this. Could you please "PM" me a link or any other info you have? Thanks.

Back