Ah, someone just couldn't leave well enough alone

All that have tried to choose the most appropriate smiley from 7 options, will know what was xwebforums till this update.

Maybe a poll is needed. Or a virtual focus group session. I like the old format better. This is harder on my eyes and too in your face for me. Is there a shrink the display icon somewhere? 🙄 (< Note use of new smiley.)

I think it is like anything that's different; initially it seems awkward and harder to use, but once you become accustomed to it you begin to realize the advantages it offers. We had become familiar and comfortable with the old format over time, but initially it also seemed awkward at first.

All that have tried to choose the most appropriate smiley from 7 options, will know what was xwebforums till this update.
No kidding. I just realized how extensive the list of options is for adding little icons and emojis and all sorts of stuff.

Here are a couple that might be considered X1/9 or Fiat related:

🚗, 🇮🇹, 🏁, 🦂, and for those that work on them a lot 💔

To be honest if you put up three similar formats with one of them being the old one I would probably have a hard time picking the old one out.
This one is a shock to my system as did the change that was done before this one.
I got used to it and I guess I'll get used to this one but I have to ask, what was wrong with the old one?
I think you computer nerds have too much time on your hands.

To be honest if you put up three similar formats with one of them being the old one I would probably have a hard time picking the old one out.
This one is a shock to my system as did the change that was done before this one.
I got used to it and I guess I'll get used to this one but I have to ask, what was wrong with the old one?
I think you computer nerds have too much time on your hands.

Software upgrades and support. At a certain point old software is no longer supported and you have to upgrade. Other times the upgrade is driven by outside factors such as the a**holes who go after websites like this so updated security.

I can’t imagine our “nerds” have too much time on their hands.

The avatars now look like they were taken through a spy scope! Do they seem a little lower in resolution and fuzzier to anybody else? Or did my eyes just get a little older?

People dislike change. I'm no different, but regardless, the Forums are better.
I see the same arguments from when we changed to the format we had from the first format.
I prefer the square shape for our avatars, but round is a shape too. :) Minor when you consider the big picture. (no pun)

one thing that is missing is the NEW tag on posts in a thread. Clicking on the latest post date on the r/h side takes you to the Last post in the thread as the old s/w did but now there is no NEW tag so it’s not easy to identify the new posts since you last visited the thread which may be quite a few. In that respect the old functionality was better

it’s not easy to identify the new posts since you last visited the thread
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your comment. But when I go to a thread that I've visited before, it automatically brings it up starting with the newest post since I last visited it. That has always been the case and still is.

I just discovered yet another of the many improvements with the new format. To post a picture in a thread post you no longer have to go through the extra step of choosing thumbnail or full size. Once you drag and drop the pic in your post it automatically posts it without need for further steps like before. Makes posting pics even easier. 🥰

I just discovered yet another of the many improvements with the new format. To post a picture in a thread post you no longer have to go through the extra step of choosing thumbnail or full size. Once you drag and drop the pic in your post it automatically posts it without need for further steps like before. Makes posting pics even easier. 🥰
But Dr Jeff, did you notice the little bookmark flag in the top right corner of each post next to the reply number??? You can bookmark specific replies and access your list of personal bookmarks by clicking on your username in the upper right corner of the page. Wasn't that a feature you were looking for previously?

But Dr Jeff, did you notice the little bookmark flag in the top right corner of each post next to the reply number??? You can bookmark specific replies and access your list of personal bookmarks by clicking on your username in the upper right corner of the page. Wasn't that a feature you were looking for previously?
Ohhh, I had not noticed. Yes that is something I am interested in. I would like to have access to certain posts that are otherwise buried under unrelated thread titles. So of a personal "best of" list. These posts often don't show up in my search attempts because I'm looking under different terms.
I'll offer an example. I just read the latest posts under the "Transmission Failures" thread. Greg showed his version of a dogbone with urethane bushes. That is something I may want to revisit in the future, but may never think to look under "transmission failures" or even "transmission" for that matter (I consider the dogbone as a engine mount, not trans).

Thanks JimmyD, I'll have to investigate it further. Unfortunately it would be nearly impossible to go back and find many of the things I would have included previously, but I can certainly start now. By the way, this is also an example of what I was just asking about, a tutorial for how to use all those icon features.

So it seems that if you inadvertently make a double post, you can't delete a post? I hate it when that happens. 😭 (< cool new emoji)

Back