WTB Smaller steering wheel and hub

tobydmv

True Classic
Hi, i'm looking for a momo type hub and wheel that is smaller than stock and preferably flat on the bottom. I think the stock wheel is 14.25" so 13 or 13.5 would be nice. This would make it a little easier to get my legs into the car. Please let me know what you have. My car is a 1975 x1/9.
Thanks,
Toby

Hi, i'm looking for a momo type hub and wheel that is smaller than stock and preferably flat on the bottom. I think the stock wheel is 14.25" so 13 or 13.5 would be nice. This would make it a little easier to get my legs into the car. Please let me know what you have. My car is a 1975 x1/9.
Thanks,
Toby
I have a brand new old stock Momo out in the garage with hub. Will pull it out take a photo measure and reply back.

I have a Fiat Spider 2000 6-bolt hub in great condition to suit the Momo pattern and a nearly new black Momo Prototipo 350mm (13.7 inch) steering wheel to use with it. I will throw in an OEM Fiat or Momo branded horn button at no cost. The hub is $50, the wheel is $150, shipping not included. PM with interest.

I'm interested in both. Any pics to offer? Does anyone know if the fiat spider 2000 hub will fit the early x1/9's? Id be happy to measure the OD of the column splines but not sure how many teeth.

I believe all the spines are the same from 850 onwards, but cross reference the hub numbers from a vendor such as Lusi. The problem with the hub is not the spines/shaft diameter but the mechanism used to cancel the turn signals.

the Lusi hub fits all from 128 to Lancia Stratos, per Ebay listing. The lusi hub fits momo but adapter rings for personal/Nardi are cheap on Amazon.

Thanks,
Toby
I have a good used MOMO 275mm wheel with a hub that fit the splines on my 68 Fiat 850. $55 shipped to North Carolina.DSCN1763.JPGDSCN1765.JPG

Does anyone know if the fiat spider 2000 hub will fit the early x1/9's? Id be happy to measure the OD of the column splines but not sure how many teeth.

The 124 & X1/9 shaft splines are the same. Before 1972 the self cancellation interface with the column control switch is different. If you don't get a hub for 1973 and later, it won't cancel the turn signals.
I have hubs in stock, new and used, for Momo, Nardi, and Abarth wheels (they all use the same pattern). I should also have the current production Abarth horn button.

I don't have any steering wheels that are flat across the bottom, but member Richard Kraus makes them from stock steering wheels. Mark Plaia also had issues getting his legs under the steering wheel of a 1979-82 X, and he developed a way of taking a section out of the seat bottom foam to add the clearance he needed. That might be posted in the archives. I thing it was also a guest tech tip in my book.

I still have the steering wheel Mark Plaia put into our race car. It's 13" outside diameter, and is mounted on an X1/9 compatible hub. The leather cover is sun damaged at the top. Mark liked it that way, that way when he got all crossed up he would know when the front wheels were pointed ahead.
When I took over custodianship of the race car, I put a larger wheel on it, as the 13" is just too small for me. Especially with my bum arm.

If you are interested in Mark's old wheel I would sell it. If you want to see a picture just ask. My problem is I would want at least what the hub is worth, which makes the almost 11" 850 wheel above a great deal.

I'm using a Spider 2000 hub on my '77 Scorpion (same turn signal assembly as X1/9) and my signals cancel perfectly.

In another thread someone reported a link to a aftermarket hub adaptor that fits some Lada's and works on the X. It was VERY affordable from the online seller "AliExpress". I don't have the link but maybe it will come up in a search. It works on one of the two common 6-bolt steering wheel mounting patterns (I think it was the Momo/Nardi/etc pattern but can't recall for certain at the moment).

In another thread someone reported a link to a aftermarket hub adaptor that fits some Lada's and works on the X. It was VERY affordable from the online seller "AliExpress". I don't have the link but maybe it will come up in a search. It works on one of the two common 6-bolt steering wheel mounting patterns (I think it was the Momo/Nardi/etc pattern but can't recall for certain at the moment).
search under my username. Momo pattern. Available from several sellers on Aliexpress. Aliexpress is the Chinese Commie Ebay.

Thanks,
Toby
I also had that problem. If you like the look of this one I can find out where to buy it.
IMG_20190731_143541.jpg

Not tough to find. Ebay a few years ago. Made a deal with the seller, tossed in the hub with purchase. About $250-ish on a year-end close out. Worth every penny. Also, the horn button version is worth the extra few $$$. I think like $20 more. Could be wrong...usually am.
98349475_1335772076626643_8647799844565417984_n.jpg

Back