Preparing For Dallara Body Kit

One thing that appears to have escaped most here is the fact that Hussein's ride really does have the power to possibly NEED a rear wing!
Good point. Certainly enough power to take advantage of a wing, but are there real road opportunities to drive fast enough and with tight enough corners to really benefit from it? In other words, does his actual use of the car warrant it? It might, I don't know. For example, could it have prevented the off road excursion and subsequent damage that occurred a few months ago? No idea, just adding another question onto Tony's great question. ;)

Good point. Certainly enough power to take advantage of a wing, but are there real road opportunities to drive fast enough and with tight enough corners to really benefit from it? In other words, does his actual use of the car warrant it? It might, I don't know. For example, could it have prevented the off road excursion and subsequent damage that occurred a few months ago? No idea, just adding another question onto Tony's great question. ;)

I really can't answer any of those questions but one thing I know is that Hussein's ride is not just a "poser" and aesthetically its something I would probably add if that was my car. I once considered building my own custom snorkel that would be affixed to the engine and the cover cut in a manner so it could be opened without removing it. It was quite doable but during my mock-up I stood back and said to myself... "Did I really wanna do this with all of 67 hp?" HA!

I then decided to use the left side engine vent and ducted fresh air from that into the cutback carb snorkel. Works great without the fluff!

Many thanks to Tony for his lead - once we hash out the details it looks like I will be purchasing one of Georges' Dallara wings. I'll get a spare factory trunk lid from MWB to fit it to. Hopefully I'll get some detailed pics - I've not actually seen one up close to discern the assembly.

Many thanks to Tony for his lead - once we hash out the details it looks like I will be purchasing one of Georges' Dallara wings. I'll get a spare factory trunk lid from MWB to fit it to. Hopefully I'll get some detailed pics - I've not actually seen one up close to discern the assembly.

Welp...

Fear not, I have seen, touched and even tasted a few up close and they are second to none... I was looking for some close up fotos but these are the best I have...

tonymikegeorgeangellosm.jpg

Me, Mike Busman, George and Angel up front. George built and painted his car in his driveway at home like you,.. and its almost "world renown".

IMG_5919.jpg

IMG_6026.jpg

BTW, at a huge car show in Culver City around 2013, George Barris awarded George a trophy at the show for his personal favorite. The stanchions are fiberglass, the wing itself is aluminum with aluminum end caps and aluminum hardware securing them. Professional grade, IMHO.

61728_1534047983875_1015072292_1545603_2383554_n.jpg

You'll probably wanna get one of Ricardo Borja's Saratoga Tribute tops as well... (His tops overwhelm the originals with superior quality.)

Let me know and I'll hook you up.

That will be awesome on your car and will look much better than the duck tail. I specially like the stays, (stands or whatever they are called in English) so If you don't mind, I'll steal the idea and make a pair in carbon fiber. I don't like the aluminum stays that came with my carbon fiber wing. Are your stays bolted from inside of the trunk lid? Would any kind of reinforcement be required on the lid?
I am adding a wing mostly for the looks, but also for creating down force when on track and therefore I will make it easy to adjust as well. The base of your stays seem to cover the entire length of the lid and thereby handle a lot of weight/down force.
As I don't have a Dallara, I bought a modern style wing:
1612272528020.png

That will be awesome on your car and will look much better than the duck tail. I specially like the stays, (stands or whatever they are called in English) so If you don't mind, I'll steal the idea and make a pair in carbon fiber. I don't like the aluminum stays that came with my carbon fiber wing. Are your stays bolted from inside of the trunk lid? Would any kind of reinforcement be required on the lid?
I am adding a wing mostly for the looks, but also for creating down force when on track and therefore I will make it easy to adjust as well. The base of your stays seem to cover the entire length of the lid and thereby handle a lot of weight/down force.
As I don't have a Dallara, I bought a modern style wing:

I should have the wing in the next couple weeks, I'm assuming he is in CA, so it could take that long. He's getting it ready to ship now.

I should be able to answer all your questions once I have it on hand.

Last edited:
I would be interested in knowing the depth of the wing. I know I made mine too deep (and wide, but I like the wide) and thinking iteration #2 going closer to 14 inches rather than 17.

Odie

I will take measurements once it's here.

The only thing I'm thinking of changing, if I can without affecting the integrity of the spoiler, is to angle the 'airfoils' (?) to match the original:

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 4.25.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 7.27.00 PM.png

Judging by your pics, now all you will need, is an engine cover! o_O

Jeesh - you & the engine cover - what's up with that? 🤣 - Now I think about it, you have gone on about it so long, I think subconsciously I may have put it off just because it seems to irk you so much🤪

EDIT - here you go, Daniel - a pic of the cover in place - it will look exactly the same when I put it back

Dallara-Paint00207.jpg

Last edited:
Nice attention to the details. The grill around the fan is nicely finished and unless you know, even the snorkel on the side could go unnoticed!

And I approve the big wing. When it will be there, the lid with the ducktail could come up my way! 🧐

And no, I won't let go my bone!🦴

My doc suggested me to get into a group with people that are more addicted than myself. That's what I'm doing. Didn't cured me, but I'm feeling MUCH BETTER NOW!😬
Just in case someone didn't get it (probably because you are younger than 45 or didn't live in North America) "BUT I'M FEELING MUCH BETTER NOW" is a quote from the old TV series "Night court". It was coming from a man, released out of a Mental institution, with a wide insane smile in it's face while shouting that! 🤪

Back