What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

Removed bonnet, headlights, bumpers, radiator, wiper motor headlight motors and the remaing parts from the front, including the front suspension and everything else not listed above.
Started to remove the windscreen.

Didn't do anything to the Bertone X19 except I found her a new friend. For her birthday, we gave my 17 years old daughter a nice clean 500, with sunroof and red an black interior.
20210913_160912[1].jpg

20210913_160934[1].jpg

20210913_161028[1].jpg

And i took the occasion to start the engine on my black 1980 Fiat x19. First time I started it since spring and it fired right up. I still have to adjust the DCOEs and the linkage but the sound is really mean.

I started that mutha up! Been down a year. Just a few more pieces to bolt on, and get it legal, re register it....
Additions include dual 38 carbs, front sway bar, strut doublers, rear ducktail spoiler, front spoiler extension, and a wink mirror....

Didn't do anything to the Bertone X19 except I found her a new friend. For her birthday, we gave my 17 years old daughter a nice clean 500, with sunroof and red an black interior. View attachment 52081

View attachment 52082

View attachment 52083

And i took the occasion to start the engine on my black 1980 Fiat x19. First time I started it since spring and it fired right up. I still have to adjust the DCOEs and the linkage but the sound is really mean.
Red cars go faster. And with red interiors? Doubly-so :) Superb cars, those 500’s

Pulled the pedal box this afternoon. "...I do not like it 100 percent"

Had to ultimately cut the hard-line to the clutch master...Totally fused to the inlet. Miracle Oil, heat, VICE GRIPS!!! No joy.
Now, I gotta pull a bit of slack, find a new threaded fixture end, flare the tube and hope it fits.

I had previously said (agreed) that the throttle cable is tied for the job I like least on our cars. I'm inclined to take that back.

Had to ultimately cut the hard-line to the clutch master...Totally fused to the inlet. Miracle Oil, heat, VICE GRIPS!!! No joy.
Now, I gotta pull a bit of slack, find a new threaded fixture end, flare the tube and hope it fits.

I had previously said (agreed) that the throttle cable is tied for the job I like least on our cars. I'm inclined to take that back.

Taking it out is the EASY part. Wait'll you try to put it back in....

I have found the exact same thing on every pedal box I've done - the line nut on the clutch master absolutely welded stuck. The ones on the brake lines can be stubborn but nothing like the clutch one. I've had to resort to the same as you and cut it as close to the end as possible, then replace the nut and reflare it. Just for the heck of it I've cut a old clutch master up where that frozen nut was to see if there was any reason for it being so bad. But found nothing other than rust/corrosion at the threads. The clutch line and nut are a different size than all of the brake ones, and the brake ones always seem to come out (with some effort). So I think the nut on the clutch must have come with a different coating or finish than the brake ones. Otherwise there should be no reason for it to corrode so much worse.

That clutch nut is not a common item (and as I said it's different from the brake ones), so it can be difficult to get. There have been a couple of online sources identified that offer it. I haven't looked lately to see the current availability. The Lada clutch system uses the same nut so you can also get them from the Lada parts supplier. They also use the same nuts on the brake lines as the X so those are available from them as well.

Got paint on it today , took me about 6 hours ,

Attachments

• 01EAE471-8BD8-451A-A48E-23CF26B83AD9.jpeg
    01EAE471-8BD8-451A-A48E-23CF26B83AD9.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 90033C6E-8BEA-458F-9D9A-26BC8CC26505.jpeg
    90033C6E-8BEA-458F-9D9A-26BC8CC26505.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 18C1FCE3-60DA-43B7-9123-BF194E04DD79.jpeg
    18C1FCE3-60DA-43B7-9123-BF194E04DD79.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 124
  • A5070E80-F12F-47AA-9DB6-07949999C278.jpeg
    A5070E80-F12F-47AA-9DB6-07949999C278.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 111
Did not get much done today , put moulding around targa sail ,lots of visits ,the big 60 !!

Attachments

• F978A6A1-F8C2-4D06-AC78-8EE0AFDDF2C6.jpeg
    F978A6A1-F8C2-4D06-AC78-8EE0AFDDF2C6.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 95
Taking it out is the EASY part. Wait'll you try to put it back in....
Yeah, I know replacing it is a PITA as well. But I am replacing all the soft lines, so being able to pre-connect all the lines kinda helps. I won't be trying to re-connect the soft lines while upside-down under the dash...just the "line-threading" headache. As Dr.J. said, finding the replacement connector for the clutch master (which was totally rounded) was the hard part. Finally found one on line (12mm x 1.25 tube fitting). $6.50, free shipping...en route. Now if my "Lada" heater core gets here from the Ukraine before Christmas, I'll be pretty happy

Yeah, I know replacing it is a PITA as well. But I am replacing all the soft lines, so being able to pre-connect all the lines kinda helps. I won't be trying to re-connect the soft lines while upside-down under the dash...just the "line-threading" headache. As Dr.J. said, finding the replacement connector for the clutch master (which was totally rounded) was the hard part. Finally found one on line (12mm x 1.25 tube fitting). $6.50, free shipping...en route. Now if my "Lada" heater core gets here from the Ukraine before Christmas, I'll be pretty happy
When it's time to put the assembly back in, call a friend to come over and help. If you have someone pulling up on the lines from the frunk (while you push the box up into place) it makes it SO MUCH EASIER! When I was installing mine, a buddy just happened to stop in the shop to see how I was doing. Perfect timing! I had the box up and in position to be bolted down in a few minutes. Trying to feed the lines through, while supporting the weight of the assembly, and lying flat on your back upside down, is a bitch! At least it was for me, before my helper showed up.

Back