Ninereeds

Low Mileage
Hello!
Around last year I bought an '83 X as a Covid project that was perhaps a bit overly ambitious. I bought a bunch of performance parts for it, and then a few days ago a similar car fell into my lap with most stuff already done to it. So I'm looking to divest a lot of X1/9 bits, some new some old. The '83 X has ~37k miles, and most stuff on it is in decent shape, except it got sideswiped in an accident about 30 years ago, so several of the panels on one side are damaged. Will add specific pictures tomorrow when it's light out. I'm going to be parting that one out, since I ran into a titling issue with it, and it has a lot of good parts on it (Red leather interior is in good shape, if anyone is looking for that, again, adding pictures when I can get light on it.) I also have some parts coming with the new project that I may be unloading, including some doors and tops, possibly some suspension components as well. Will update the post when I have those in hand.

More importantly, I just bought a performance head for the car from Midwest Bayless-- here's the listing for what I got: https://www.midwest-bayless.com/Fia...81-85-fi-10-bolt-w223-degree-cam-rebuilt.aspx

Now, I'd love to use this on the project X I just bought, but it already had head work done to it that was more severe than this, and it's an '86, so it's not directly compatible. The best thing I can think to do is sell off the head I got at a bit of a loss-- my loss, your gain. With the head I also have the adjustable cam gear that Midwest recommends for fixing timing, a new set of bolts, pretty much all the stuff to do the install. At the moment, I'd like $1000 for the head, with the install bits.

If you don't have an engine that would be compatible with the head, I'll also happily bundle in the engine from my '83 for a bit more. Like I said previously, it's sitting at around 37k original miles, and I have the stuff to mail in the head core to Midwest for the $100 store credit core charge. DM me and we can work something out! I'm located in upstate NY, I'd prefer to avoid shipping this stuff, since it's quite heavy and expensive, but I'll happily deliver to most places in the northeast for a reasonable charge. Anything lighter/smaller that you'd like pulled off the '83 I'd be happy to ship.

I'll get some pictures up of the car and other parts tomorrow, but if you need anything pulled from an '83, let me know and I can work with you on it.

Thanks for looking!

Alright, I got some pictures, and I wanted to add a few things to the post. So in addition to the stuff I posted last night, I do have a spare fender from MWB that I was going to weld on in place of the missing one, and I wanted to list the wheels and tires from it. The ones on the car right now are a (I think discontinued) Cromodora Daytona replica from Vick auto, they're a 15x8 wheel, set up to fit a couple of wheel lug patterns. I think Vick recommended them for use on a spider, but if you do some fender rolling, or if you have fender flares and coilovers you can fit them to an X. The tires on them are a set of Kumho Ecsta AST 225/50R15s. They're brand new, I'm just hoping to go in a different direction with the project. The wheels come with a small kit for converting from hub bolts to lug nuts for mounting. To go with those, I have a set of FAZA style fender flares from MWB, which, last I checked were also discontinued, since their fiberglass shop stopped production. I also have a few original Cromodoras, two Bertone branded CD-16s, and 1 Fiat branded CD-16, both on aged/crappy tires (will not hold air). Depending on how parts picking goes over the next week, I might also be selling a set of Vick auto coilovers that are on the car, which would contribute to getting the wide wheels to fit.

Attachments

• Good side.jpg
    Good side.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Bad side.jpg
    Bad side.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Fiat red interior.jpg
    Fiat red interior.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Steering wheel.jpg
    Steering wheel.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Wheels.jpg
    Wheels.jpg
    571.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Door card.jpg
    Door card.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Sure, here's some prices for some of the big pieces I have right now. I'll update when I pick up the next load of parts on tomorrow.

MWB performance head unit: $1000
MWB FAZA style fender flares: $550
Vick Auto Daytona replica wheels: $550 (sans tires)
Adjustable cam gear: $100
37k Mile Engine: $400
37k Mile Transmission: $300
Targa top: $350
Door shell with glass + wiring (from '87 X19, freshly repainted blue): $200
Seats, red leather set: $200
Door cards, red, set: $175
Hood/frunk lid: $150
Trunk lid: $100

That's about it that I can think of at the moment, and of course I'll hear offers on stuff. If anyone is interested in bundling stuff together, or even taking the whole rolling chassis for some sort of race project, that's cool too.

So I promised many people who DM'd me that I would be listing additional parts around this time, and because it is 3 am and I just finished a day of roughly 10 hours of driving, I will instead be going to sleep and resuming this in the morning, when I have to unload the new X and return a Uhaul. In the meantime, this is a small preview of what returned with me. From what I saw loading it into the truck after dark, there is at least:
(1) complete engine, in stages of disassembly
(1) complete transmission, likewise
(1) clutch assembly
(1) brake + clutch pedal assembly
(1) Spare hood
(2) Hella headlights units
(2) Spare targa tops
(2) Spare doors (outer shell w/ wiring and corner glass)
(1) Spare trunk lid
(1) Fuel tank
What seems to be a complete suspension setup, in addition to a large amount of other odds and ends; chrome window trim, door seals, targa seals, plastic and rubber bits, parts whose origin I couldn't identify at the time, etc.

Needless to say, it might take a little while to sort this out, but I'll be trying to catalog and list things to this thread as soon as I can. Once this stuff is unloaded I'll also be able to work on pulling parts off the parts car for the people who have already sent DMs.

Cheers-
AJ

Attachments

• Big pile.jpg
    Big pile.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 31
Hello!
Around last year I bought an '83 X as a Covid project that was perhaps a bit overly ambitious. I bought a bunch of performance parts for it, and then a few days ago a similar car fell into my lap with most stuff already done to it. So I'm looking to divest a lot of X1/9 bits, some new some old. The '83 X has ~37k miles, and most stuff on it is in decent shape, except it got sideswiped in an accident about 30 years ago, so several of the panels on one side are damaged. Will add specific pictures tomorrow when it's light out. I'm going to be parting that one out, since I ran into a titling issue with it, and it has a lot of good parts on it (Red leather interior is in good shape, if anyone is looking for that, again, adding pictures when I can get light on it.) I also have some parts coming with the new project that I may be unloading, including some doors and tops, possibly some suspension components as well. Will update the post when I have those in hand.

More importantly, I just bought a performance head for the car from Midwest Bayless-- here's the listing for what I got: https://www.midwest-bayless.com/Fia...81-85-fi-10-bolt-w223-degree-cam-rebuilt.aspx

Now, I'd love to use this on the project X I just bought, but it already had head work done to it that was more severe than this, and it's an '86, so it's not directly compatible. The best thing I can think to do is sell off the head I got at a bit of a loss-- my loss, your gain. With the head I also have the adjustable cam gear that Midwest recommends for fixing timing, a new set of bolts, pretty much all the stuff to do the install. At the moment, I'd like $1000 for the head, with the install bits.

If you don't have an engine that would be compatible with the head, I'll also happily bundle in the engine from my '83 for a bit more. Like I said previously, it's sitting at around 37k original miles, and I have the stuff to mail in the head core to Midwest for the $100 store credit core charge. DM me and we can work something out! I'm located in upstate NY, I'd prefer to avoid shipping this stuff, since it's quite heavy and expensive, but I'll happily deliver to most places in the northeast for a reasonable charge. Anything lighter/smaller that you'd like pulled off the '83 I'd be happy to ship.

I'll get some pictures up of the car and other parts tomorrow, but if you need anything pulled from an '83, let me know and I can work with you on it.

Thanks for looking!

Back