Target model year for a used Abarth 500?

“The community kind of fell apart back in 2019. There was a very close-knit group of people who were very technically minded- always looking to make our fun but flawed little cars better and better...and faster. Well, the forum owner had some...issues...and closed the forum down with absolutely zero warning, wiping all of that valuable information off of the face of the earth.”

This is exactly the worry many of us have around this or any forum we invest in.

There is so much here and other forums like MiraFiori, Fiat Spider and a few others.

There have been more than a few of these community shut downs by picayune individuals across many hobby areas.

We are tremendously lucky that although the original owner of this forum left us, he also left us with a remarkable legacy which we must work to uphold and further.
I entirely agree with what you've said, and I share many of the same sentiments. In my example, there was so much valuable information stacked up on this one forum that you couldn't find anywhere else: tens of thousands of hours of research, data collection, validation, and even expensive testing sessions with high-end hydraulically linked dynos...all collected for nothing but the community, by the community, wiped away at a single keypress by a disgruntled vendor. I do not want to mention any specifics about this, because I would hate to cause any issues for us here on Xweb if this aforementioned disgruntled vendor runs across it...considering the tendencies of that individual.

However, TL;DR: I agree.

The fact that the community here has embraced the possibility of something going wrong, and created a Wiki page in order to preserve information in that event is absolutely incredible. Whoever put the time and effort into that, having witnessed a forum collapse before, I thank you dearly. The only way to keep these cars sustainable and alive for future generations is to preserve the information y'all (I say y'all, because I am rather new to this community, at least in terms of experience and contribution) have collected and keep it accessible to younger owners in the future, for them to learn and pass down the knowledge yet again. Something as small as a single forum shutting down can impact the future of a specific car for the indefinite future.

I’ve veen hanging out here since we got ours 2.5 years ago, and there’s a decent amount of info, tech or otherwise:

I knew your forum name sounded familiar, I just couldn't put my finger on it. I have a F500usa account as well- though I haven't used it in a long while. I got off of most of the forums for that car in the past couple of years as mine hasn't been operational, and I guess I was a bit done with it after the aforementioned forum shutdown. I'll likely start to be a bit more active in the near future, maybe I'll see you around.

I knew your forum name sounded familiar, I just couldn't put my finger on it. I have a F500usa account as well- though I haven't used it in a long while. I got off of most of the forums for that car in the past couple of years as mine hasn't been operational, and I guess I was a bit done with it after the aforementioned forum shutdown. I'll likely start to be a bit more active in the near future, maybe I'll see you around.
The Exxe was November’s ‘Car of The Month’. lol. So they’re open to the whole FIAT family…

Back