Official Member Car Picture Thread

I’m new on this forum and present to you ‘Kermit’, the 1978 Fiat X1/9 Serie Speciale that I own for some months now.
The car was still very original when I bought it but I took it up to the next level by bringing it back to (almost) factory spec.
Optically, all I have left to do is replacing the aftermarket BWA Sportstar wheels by a set of the optional Serie Speciale Cromodora CD58’s (even though this particular car left the factory with the standard steelies).

View attachment 62088
View attachment 62089
View attachment 62090
View attachment 62091
View attachment 62092
View attachment 62093
View attachment 62094

And yes, I do have the original matching luggage bags!

View attachment 62095

If only the obligatory Belgian licence plates could have been smaller and less ugly…
But hey, at least, we got the nice bumpers.
Great example. We now have two Kermits :)

I'm impressed, even the trunk lid inner surface is shiny. I'd personally leave those wheels on.

Normal service has been resumed.................

Attachments

• Garage.jpg
    Garage.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 122
interesting information
Just FYI, this "new member" is a spammer. I will be banning the account ASAP. If you take that user image and search it thru Google you will find the exact picture used on several new accounts at other forums. The user is even leaving similar "useful information" type posts at the other forums. That's enough for me.

I've been thinking about it for a long time, and finally I did a Martini stripe livery. Unfortunately, there will be no free drinks from this "sponsor". I will crown the jewel with some more classic decals later on such as "Olio Fiat" and "Magneti Marelli".
FB_IMG_1656799561850.jpg
FB_IMG_1656799630070.jpg
FB_IMG_1656799606479.jpg

Great looking car! And looks like it's set up for autocrossing? Nicely done.
Thanks, I am glad you like it. Normally I do track day racing with the car. I would love to do autocrossing as well but I am worried that the torque from the tuned UT engine would trash the X1/9 gearbox. I also have a new box with UT Mk1 internals/gearing that will go in in the next few days, but autocrossing must wait until my third box, a much stronger C510 gearbox is ready. I need to prepare for cable shifting etc which is more complex than I thought.

Hello World!

I've been lurking on the site for a few months and figured I may as well introduce myself. I frequent the Alfa BB but am always expanding my horizons and looking for interesting mechanical items. I don't have an X/19 but have memories of a neighbors 74 (back in the day) and have always kept an eye out for them.

My current fleet includes:
  • "Milo" 88 Milano Verde summer daily driver. 300K+ miles, runs strong, looks reasonable.
  • "Rocky" 79 Sprint Veloce (Alfetta). Recovered from a 20 year slumber in May. Running and driving, but still working the bugs out
  • The white Alfa 85 GTV6. Was my daily for six years in the early 2000s. Got rusty and 200K miles. Full rotisserie body repair and supercharged engine build (megasquirt, EDIS, 9:1 compression, 10psi boost)
  • "Buford" 88 F250 IDI diesel. Unknown milage, farm truck, trailer puller, winter daily (block heater is mandatory!)
  • "Puddin" 85 Pontiac 6000 wagon - wrecked right now. Probably a retirement project.
I live in south east Nebraska with my wife and son, 2 dogs (indoors), 2 cats (outdoors), and 14 chickens (outdoors). I works as an engineering lead for Exmark Mfg (division of Toro). We make commercial zero turn mowers.

I have been enjoying reading the comments of this close community. Hope you won't mind if I jump in now and then.
Mark

Oh, and the important part, pictures:
White car at the SCCA Autocross Nationals;
1658337794982.png

White car engine:
1658337865110.png

Old picture of Milo:
1658337954297.png

Rocky:
1658338132765.png

Thanks Jim! Loving this little car. I had one back in the '80's when I was in high school. Got this one in 2020, on Ebay ! Been doing some upgrades here and there over time.
We are practically next door neighbors in the X1/9 world living in STL and Indy. :) Another "small world" story, I bought my 86X in Fairmount which isn't to far from Pendleton.

We are practically next door neighbors in the X1/9 world living in STL and Indy. :) Another "small world" story, I bought my 86X in Fairmount which isn't to far from Pendleton.
Wow! Fairmount.. I've only ever seen one other X1/9 in the whole state in my almost 18 years here. It was in Richmond about 6 years ago, and I just caught a glimpse of it.

Back