Just a quick brake job…..

I hate to admit it but I’ve been doing this for a long time and I’ve never heard of gravity feed. (as related to brakes) but I see it’s a thing. Never too old to learn. Not sure it would get rid of all the air as well as pressure bleeding but in either case she comes home tonight so I’ll go with tried and true tomorrow.
Get 4 clear plastic bottles and 4 hoses. Fill reservoir, leave cap off, attach hoses to brake cylinders/calipers. Open bleed screws. Check the reservoir every so often and add fluid. Do not let reservoir run dry or you'll have to start over again. Might take a day or more for all the air to migrate up and fluid down. I did this on an Alfa Giulietta that had tons of air in the lines.

lots of Ytube videos

Last edited:
Get 4 clear plastic bottles and 4 hoses. Fill reservoir, leave cap off, attach hoses to brake cylinders/calipers. Open bleed screws. Check the reservoir every so often and add fluid. Do not let reservoir run dry or you'll have to start over again. Might take a day or more for all the air to migrate up and fluid down. I did this on an Alfa Giulietta that had tons of air in the lines.

lots of Ytube videos
Crack open your favorite adult beverage. Smoke a cigar. Check the brake fluid level. Repeat.

dnudelman,
Huh ? What ? Reservoir leaks past the spool valve ? That's a new one !

Never tried Speedbleeder H9405 - SB8125L ? 15 minute chore (smile)

Well the brakes are done. The car feels good on the road but a quick alignment check showed I have more work to do.
Left wheel camber is perfect (seeing lezesig1’s thread and looking at factory manual I was surprised to see positive camber)
98D95317-58FB-4327-B1C3-77647327D3CA.jpeg
but right needs work. Toe needs adjustment and I havent even got to the caster yet.

I have the alignment tools left over from my racing days. The only real pain with home equipment is measuring caster.
I decided to try less toe in than Fiat recommended. I figure an 850 can use as little drag as possible and I’m not worried about oversteer. I used 1/8 toe in. Test drive went well with straight tracking and braking but…..the steering wheel wasn’t centered. My ADHD can’t handle that so back to shop. It’s finished now.EB349696-28D3-47CE-8752-E616FD7625E5.jpegA75DEE74-A102-4189-A65C-A9512A35445C.jpeg

Back