1409 Progress

Rear qtr window trim installed along with Pinn badge on front fenders. I used Permatex 81158 sealant adhesive as I did not want to melt the paint underneath as some of the other glue warned.
D470A1F8-F671-4F29-B4F8-39A732C23155.jpeg
919ACB6E-C2A0-4F4D-9050-4F50E37C9EDC.jpeg
5E0C3918-343C-4BDC-A5D0-4673842892DE.jpeg
B00BB658-C16E-4C65-9AB2-89A88BDFB5A2.jpeg

347C1D59-4A1B-4B6A-8A45-3CE712D2D871.jpeg

Last edited:
Engine in and driveshafts attached. I guess wiring is next. Front of the motor is inaccessible now. I hope it starts and there are no problems. Plugs are easy to get to…
C40B0EF1-238B-4F09-96AB-ACD0D7C7298E.jpeg
A024AB8F-D187-4002-92C2-78F46016BCE0.jpeg

One of the 2 sensors in transmission IIRC is 5th gear switch emissions garage that you may not want/need. Other is reverse light sensor so keep that one.
I know, i need the other sensor to plug the hole. Damn thread size is 10x1.00. I dont have any plugs of that size.

Thanks unfortunately our fastensl store is not open to the public, I just ordered two from McMaster

Man that sweet, love it. We need more interior photos. Your trans, with only 1st and 2nd. Sounds like what happened to my
Montecarlo. The shift linkage bushings feel apart from age. I only had 3rd and 4th available. Mid West has some nice updated parts I had installed. The shifter feels much tighter from gear to gear.

Last edited:
Wow, that is really looking great! That red with the black montecarlo bumpers really stands out. Are you installing the glass in the rear sail panels?

Looks fantastic! Did you spring for actual S2 vent glass with the hole in it? I see there is a second, smaller hole, I assume the S2 mirror uses that for placement somehow?

Man that sweet, love it. We need more interior photos. Your trans, with only 1st and 2nd. Sounds like what happened to my
Montecarlo. The shift linkage bushings feel apart from age. I only had 3rd and 4th available. Mid West has some nice updated parts I had installed. The shifter feels much tighter from gear to gea.
I have new bushings, I think it’s more of a major problem. Once i get the clutch arm bushing I should be able to diagnose it better. Hopefully it will un stick if i rock it.

Looks fantastic! Did you spring for actual S2 vent glass with the hole in it? I see there is a second, smaller hole, I assume the S2 mirror uses that for placement somehow?
Yes the glass are reproductions from South Africa. I was hoping X1/9 mirrors would work but the won’t since the holes. So I waiting on someone from Italy to remake the mirrors

Wow, that is really looking great! That red with the black montecarlo bumpers really stands out. Are you installing the glass in the rear sail panels?
Sail Glass is staying off, holes were welded shut. Kinda mini Merak

An idea for the windshield edge to hide the imperfections (adhesive goops and air bubbles) behind it is to mask off about an inch around the entire edge and paint with black glass etching paint. Not sure what exactly its called but you need to get from a autoglass installer and they use a dabbing ball on a stick instead of a brush to apply it. Any place you didn't mask perfectly its easy to remove and that bleeds through with a razor blade.

Not to hijack @lanciahf but I was curious about the windows as well, as my 76 has the same look where was glued on. I have to replace the windshield, so good advice on how to help eliminate it. See the picture of the red 76, for an example of how bad it can look.

IMG_6146.jpg
IMG_6147.jpg

In my 77, it has a rubber trim around the glass, which I think gives it a nice finished look. I know these cars are famous for being one of the first bonded glass cars when they first came out, but how does this trim piece get finished? Does it install on the glass and then the windshield is glued in place?

Yeah the window and interior guy did a **** job. I wish they just didn’t do anything. Once it’s running I'm going to bring it to another glass guy.

I did notice the holes were missing, car is stunning. Watching the progress with envy!
Thanks, other than the paint the car is a good 2 footer. The trim being 40 years old and plastic just does not fit right anymore. I stopped stressing out. Years ago i read, “No Ferrari never looked this damn good from the factory”. I try to remember that

Not to hijack @lanciahf but I was curious about the windows as well, as my 76 has the same look where was glued on. I have to replace the windshield, so good advice on how to help eliminate it. See the picture of the red 76, for an example of how bad it can look.

In my 77, it has a rubber trim around the glass, which I think gives it a nice finished look. I know these cars are famous for being one of the first bonded glass cars when they first came out, but how does this trim piece get finished? Does it install on the glass and then the windshield is glued in place?
Your 77 windshield was aftermarket replacement which is slightly smaller and came with the rubber gasket molding to fill the gap.

Back