Heater hoses. forgot: which side which one?

Jari

Daily Driver
I should have noted it but which one goes through the lower tunnel and which one goes through the upper tunnel? In my case, the iron pipes have been replaced by rubber hoses. This is the best picture I could find here with a left and a right hose to the heating valve.
1679133754286.png

Right is supply, left is return when looking at it in this view, emerging from the tunnel.

(edited based on the correct information provided by darwoodious, in the image below)

Last edited:
Left is supply, right is return when looking at it in this view, emerging from the tunnel.
Thanks, but which one is going to the upper tunnel and which one is going to the lower one together with the cooling pipes?

The front-most one is supply running thru the tunnel in the cabin. The rear-most one is the return. Maybe this additional photo helps:
IMG_20151011_185240.jpg

EDIT: also, the supply side feeds the control valve. The return from the heater core (which is not visible in the photo) on these early X's is a tube.

The front-most one is supply running thru the tunnel in the cabin. The rear-most one is the return. Maybe this additional photo helps:
View attachment 71474

EDIT: also, the supply side feeds the control valve. The return from the heater core (which is not visible in the photo) on these early X's is a tube.
Okay thanks a lot, both of you! So the supply is coming from near (or sometimes directly from) the waterpump? And return goes to the return tube on this picture?
watermark.axd

Last edited:
The heater supply comes from a fitting on the head just above the pump. On 1500s, the return is on the horizontal return pipe as shown in the photo. On 1300s, it returns to a fitting on the pump.

The heater supply comes from a fitting on the head just above the pump. On 1500s, the return is on the horizontal return pipe as shown in the photo. On 1300s, it returns to a fitting on the pump.
Now all is clear to me. Thanks to everyone here!

Back