The Abarth X1/9 Prototipo/Stradale Thread

DuaneEstill

Banned User
Post all your pictures of the Abarth Prototipo/Stradale here.

abarthxpg1ki3.jpg

abarthxpg2bwsr3.jpg

abarthxpg3zq6.jpg

abarthxpg4bwld6.jpg

I'd say post em'

Just my opinion...I'd like to see as many as possible.

This is apparently the "Club Italia" that the article mentions is currently in Italy, but I don't know how
old these pictures are.

x19_abarth_1.jpg

x19_abarth_4.jpg

x19_abarth_5.jpg

Last edited:
where to buy prototype kits.
i have two places.
http://www.abarth-gmr.be/new/remake.php
http://www.abarth-gmr.be/new/gallery.php?dzial=X 1/9 PERICOPE

and.
http://www.fibercar.it/x19_abarth.html
p001_1_03.jpg

ps.
fibercar have also the dallara kit

Yeah, don't bother writing Guy Moerenhout, he doesnt write back. Well, so doesnt a few other "prototipo kit makers" either.

Out of the 3 kit makers, none of them wants to sell me a kit. I wont name names, but one of them visits here regularly...

/rant off.

i ask guy morenhart about the availability of parts a couple months ago, i got a response back every time.

Both are cool, but....

The Abarth car both in original race prototype form, as well as the kits, are far more rare to see. There seem to be Dallara replicas all over Europe, and they look cool.

I just wanted to point out for clarification, that, like the Dallara, the Abarth Prototipo shares few components with the original. The Dallara used the passenger compartment, and that's it. The Abarth Prototipo shares more components, but the critical difference, unlike Dallara, the Abarth folks were a part of Fiat now so they were more restricted to using Fiat parts, or close resemblances. I would be interested to see a list of what the Abarth shares with the stock X, but I'm sure it wouldn't be much.

It annoys me to no end for someone to call their X a "Dallara" when it's just the body kit, same for Prototipo, it's a REPLICA, and it's only right to designate it as such.

They are both very very cool kits to a very very cool car to being with, they're all special.

Last edited:
Yeah, don't bother writing Guy Moerenhout, he doesnt write back. Well, so doesnt a few other "prototipo kit makers" either.

Out of the 3 kit makers, none of them wants to sell me a kit. I wont name names, but one of them visits here regularly...

/rant off.
I did have a answer from fibercar in two weeks.
i ask them abouth the complete dallara kit.
its cost for the complete kit +/- 1800 euro's
the abarth kit wil not be far of that.

guy moerenhout have problems with his healt i believe.
but someone in his family must give you an answer.
better and faster is to ask thru his forum.

abart20kitsw8.jpg

Gotta know....

Where did the kit for the white car come from????

That's the Prototipo Stradale thing like A. Consentino's car. I like
that quite a bit.

Those are a wider variation of the Stradale rear flares....

But wait!! thats a full Prototipo kit,the front is all Prototipo too,but nicely done i must say.I like it too..........Any more pics of this car?........:)

Well....it looks cool...

Dan...that's a Dallara replica kit.....we're talking about Abarth Prototipos, nice car for sure though.

Referring to the white car.

I think the fender flares are perhaps the standard prototipo flares just
painted black, that through me off. They are very similar to the Consentino Stradale flares. To me the Stradale flares look like molded plastic in a single piece, but that's just a guess....

Stradale205.jpg

Stradale204.jpg

Stradale203.jpg

Back