1987 Bertone X1/9 for sale

Cinci x1/9

Low Mileage
I have a 1987 Bertone X1/9 that is looking for a good home. It ran three years ago but has been sitting in the driveway ever since. I'd like to see it go to someone who has a bigger need for it than the junk yard. Would anyone be interested in it? IMG_1348.JPG

Call Matt B at Midwest-Bayless. Theyre based out of Columbus OH. As long as your not unreasonable with what you need from the car, Im sure he would entertain saving another X1/9. GL

Dang. That body looks better than the 87 I just got. Plus you have most of the wing.

Please tell me it's rusted out underneath so I don't want it. Besides....who needs 2?

I don't see any rust underneath. It looks like it was undercoated when purchased, which seems to have helped. Additional photos

Attachments

• IMG_1350.JPG
    IMG_1350.JPG
    378.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1351.JPG
    IMG_1351.JPG
    559.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1352.JPG
    IMG_1352.JPG
    331.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1361.JPG
    IMG_1361.JPG
    403.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1360.JPG
    IMG_1360.JPG
    438.3 KB · Views: 67
No rust around the windshield. Don't see any behind the rear tires. Is there any rust? Dang man. Please don't take that car to a junk yard.

I just paid for it. I will be going down to pick it up in the next couple of weeks.

Looking forward to it. I am very excited, I nearly bought one just like it in 1993 but couldn't make the sale.

Looking for the happy dance emoji.

Karl

Congrats! looks like a heck of a find. And you give me a hard time for having duplicates of cars in my "collection".....haha.

It looks nice. I paid more for mine and it has a lot of hidden rust that I'm now finding. Seems you got a heck of a deal on that. That quarter panel should be a fairly simple repair with the right equipment.

We shall see. I believe there is a transmission issue with second gear. It has been sitting outside for an extended period which is never good. Likely some standing water issues with likely rust in unfortunate places. Looks like a fair amount of acid damage in the front trunk. Seems like a lot of water has gotten into the rear trunk. Here's hoping there are not too many surprises.

Here are some other pics from the seller showing some of the other areas. Mmmm mold, my favorite...IMG_1358.JPGIMG_1353.JPGIMG_1354.JPGIMG_1355.JPGIMG_1356.JPGIMG_1357.JPGIMG_1359.JPG

Chris, you have done a good job of diversifying over the last few years I must say. Thumbs up :)

Looks very much like mine, mold and all. Add in a mouse nest and rodent urine to the rear trunk and we will be a match.

It looks extremely original and untouched. Uncut door cards and all 4 shock tower rubber cover things in place! Original paint so no overspray to deal with. A/C. It even has an annoying as heck late 80s early 90s alarm system! Lol.

Looks good man. Hopefully you won't find any really bad hidden rust.

What's the plan? Get it running straight away or start tearing into it first? Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Congrats!

Back