And people think it is blasphemy to put a K20a in an X1/9...

I know right? At least in the X1/9 it's like for like and the engines sound similar. But one thing I do appreciate about the 911 is the sound of that flat six. But this became inevitable when the prices went apeshit. People think their 911 parts are unobtainium when the car's been in constant production for the last fifty odd years? Yes it's evolved and the first engine doesn't share any parts with the new but the constant production and the parallel cottage industry means very little isn't obtainable. I think it's stupid and a bubble but the market is what it is right now.

Rodger, I think you should get another nice X1/9 to have a breeding pair so we can all buy the beautiful offspring. That's how it works -right?

I know right? At least in the X1/9 it's like for like and the engines sound similar. But one thing I do appreciate about the 911 is the sound of that flat six. But this became inevitable when the prices went apeshit. People think their 911 parts are unobtainium when the car's been in constant production for the last fifty odd years? Yes it's evolved and the first engine doesn't share any parts with the new but the constant production and the parallel cottage industry means very little isn't obtainable. I think it's stupid and a bubble but the market is what it is right now.

Rodger, I think you should get another nice X1/9 to have a breeding pair so we can all buy the beautiful offspring. That's how it works -right?
If only it were so easy :). I already have two and it better stay that way, or else I will have to find a new wife. And a place to work on them because I will be out on the street.

Judging from a lot of Forum members, these cars don't really breed, but once you get more than one, it seems like the urge to adopt more orphans is hard to resist.;)

This Honda conversion will be more reliable than the Porsche motor, air cooled or later water cooled (M96-M97 are well known for a host of various ways they explode when least expected). Power will be less than the stock 930 turbo motor, but the power band will be far more usable.

Better motor choice would be a Subaru, which has been done more then a few times.

In all case, the motor remains in the wrong location.

Those who worship at the German temple of Porsche will continue to be loyal to their priest and orthodoxy of what is essentially a VW beetle.

Bernice

Rupunzell said:
Those who worship at the German temple of Porsche will continue to be loyal to their priest and orthodoxy of what is essentially a VW beetle.

Hahaaaaa, just love that, Bernice!!
Now that statement needs to be preserved, stored away safely somewhere in posterity so that young up-coming bucks in the automotive industry can be assured that many of us so-called "old farts" in the game truly knew just what the hell we were talking about!! :)

cheers, IanL - NZ

Pure pay back for me is to have a very potent Fiat and watch their faces turn to shame as I pass by them. All these young kids love to drag race me and laugh in my face as they whip by me in their STi's. Heck, even my own daughter's stock WRX is quicker than anything I own. It doesn't matter what car I am driving, as they have to prove themselves. I just hate the constant taunting. I just want to enjoy the drive with my cars.

Heck, even my own daughter's stock WRX is quicker than anything I own. It doesn't matter what car I am driving, as they have to prove themselves. I just hate the constant taunting. I just want to enjoy the drive with my cars.

Hey Pat, just ignore all of the "constant taunting", mate! All those young punks who "love to drag race you" are silently envious of the COOL factor that your X has got, and what their common everyday STi's don't have!!

cheers, IanL - NZ

Actually my X is out of commission right now. Reverse is out in the five speed which sounds like a common problem.
Pat

Back