Post Your FIAT FreakOut 2017 Pictures, Videos, Stories, Info and Comments Here!

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
Now that FFO 2017 is coming to a close, use this thread as a central place to post your pictures, videos, information (aka gossip/rumors) and stories.

It was too far for me to want to drive the car there....I was toying with the idea of trailering but then the tow vehicle I was going to use, my brother's 2014 F250 diesel pickup (which has so much torque 800+ ft-lbs! it would not even know that it had an X on a trailer behind it) decided to tell the main computer that the diesel catalyst system was not working and required the entire unit under the truck to be replaced, NOT under the extended warranty mind you, for over $5,000.

That truck got dropped like a hot potato and traded in on a 2017 F150.

My sister-in-law got married last night, so no FFO trip this year. Is it me, or are these 2017 FFO stories a bit depressing so far??? o_O

Of course the folks that actually went are enjoying the Sunday brunch buffet and winning all the prizes I would have won if I made the trip. We will have to wait for the pictures.

There were a nice set of pics of the concours and a few videos. It would be interesting if they did stream the awards ceremony and the brunch, you would think it could be done using Facebook live or something similar. Good idea!

IMG_4470.JPG

Here's a picture from the X1/9 end of the show field.

There were a nice set of pics of the concours and a few videos. It would be interesting if they did stream the awards ceremony and the brunch, you would think it could be done using Facebook live or something similar. Good idea!

Karl, where would one see the pictures you mentioned?
Thanks,

Brian

The pics I was viewing are on Facebook. Have a look at the FCA page and also try a search for Fiat Freakout 2017

Yeah, I am bummed that I didn't go.... Although driving cross country in this heat would have been brutal...

Orlando Florida next year in August. Apparently its during one of the "slow" times at Disney so it won't be too expensive...

Orlando? Wow. That's a two day drive from STL. I really missed out on a close event this year.

UPDATE: Just to clarify. It takes a dedicated crew to pull off an FFO and I don't want to take anything away from the Orlando organizers. There wouldn't be an annual FFO if someone didn't step up to host. Orlando is a great place for an event since there is a lot to do. My disappointment is solely related the distance from home. Of course, I am sure there are folks who feel the same way every time the next venue is announced.

Last edited:
Orlando? Wow. That's a two day drive from STL. I really missed out on a close event this year.

Yes we did. So I guess I will have a two year hiatus from FFO.

I don't know what the activities will be but that is where it will be. Orlando.

On another note, Fiats Up North will be end of September in western Wisconsin (Dodgeville), which is like a mini, low cost FFO with a fair number of the same people. OK about 25 of them but still :):D There is even a crazy hat contest and we usually have free giveaways. T shirts are usually available as well.

Orlando is relatively close (in FFO terms) to where I live, but other than the fact that it would likely make for a nice double-up/bring-the-family kind of trip, I'm not a big fan of central FL any time of the year, but especially late summer. That said, I'm sure it will be a great event, with good folks, good times & I am already planning on going.

unfortunate for some, but better for me as i live in the orlando area! I last attended the freakout at both fontana events in 1998 and 1999 i still have the panoramic photos

Great shots Brayden... Welcome too!

Do you know who owns that beautiful BLACK Dallara? It looks like one of George Aspron's homemade (but professional) wings.

Back