Bertone wheel center caps

NOS is always a premium.

The last Tron caps I saw were surprisingly expensive. Try not to depress the market by dumping hundreds of new ones :)

Hey Karl - I don't quite understand this statement. Does this mean that a lower price for parts would not be good for x owners?

Oh it would good for all owners but for those of us caching/hoarding parts not so good

I was kidding.

Oh it would good for all owners but for those of us caching/hoarding parts not so good

I was kidding.

I figured that was more than likely the answer but..... now that I have started hoarding some parts myself..... just so I get lingo correct..... the key words are "depress the market" and "dumping".... right .... got it. We have to get the cost of these machines higher in the market some how. This could be the start of something beautiful :)

As a point of reference. Eye popping...

I would expect OE, NOS "B" caps to be worth $10-20 each. At ten I will take four of them, maybe even eight of them. At $20 each I will likely pass. The law of supply and demand, it all comes down to how much someone wants it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 4.10.54 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 4.10.54 PM.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
As a point of reference. Eye popping...I would expect OE, NOS "B" caps to be worth $10-20 each. At ten I will take four of them, maybe even with of them. At $20 each I will likely pass. The law of supply and demand, it all comes down to how much someone wants it.

You're talking about the small "b" centercaps, but the photo/link you posted is for the Tron hubcaps. Which one are you putting a value of only $10-$20 on? For NOS?

Let's compare apples to apples:

http://www.midwest-bayless.com/p-1301-alloy-wheel-center-cap-b-fiat-bertone-x19-1983-on-u8.aspx
1301.jpg

So ~$27 each retail in U8 condition.

Personally, I would expect a NOS set of 4 black/silver "b" caps to go for $100 minimum in a non-retail environment. ;)

Last edited:
Jeff

Dang your search juju of Midwest is better than mine. I looked for those and clearly missed them. I couldn't find any of the B caps on eBay and missed the reference on MWB. The price I put up was mainly just to be an example, at one price they all will sell and at another few would sell.

I should have searched more carefully to give better info to Calvin.

I was just using the Tron cap as a reference, those are some expensive pieces of plastic.

If I were to put a set of them on eBay, I would put them up with a minimum bid of 80 and see what happens. With any luck they will surpass the 100 mark and establish a decent benchmark for any other sets.

Back