auto transporting

7982X

So much fun it MUST be illegal!
Does anyone have a quality car transporter that you have used and can recommend?
Thanks!

What part of the country are you looking to transport from-to? I prefer the smaller/independent co's, but they like to either start or finish somewhere near them.

Does anyone have a quality car transporter that you have used and can recommend?
Thanks!
I have had good luck and good service from a company called Transport Time, www.transporttime.com. I transported my X from Columbus OH to NW Missouri and it was covered transport. The proprietor specializes in classic cars (cloud9classics.com). I am not affiliated or know them personally. Either call or email them and they will get back pretty promptly with a quote. Good luck.

I had very good luck with a Houston based company called New World Auto Transport. They were able to have a car shipped from southern Oregon to Houston at a market rate, when other transporters just floundered. Their toll free number is 877 337 0879. They were very communicative. I would call and ask for Mike Barton or Steve Wells (owner).

We submitted an RFQ on their website but haven't heard back from them yet.

I DID call back this morning......they emailed a quote, but it came back. He gave me a quote over the phone & it was in our email when I hung up. They have tied for the best quote so we're good. Thanks again for the referral! We should have another "X" in the driveway by Labor Day (maybe)!

I DID call back this morning......they emailed a quote, but it came back. He gave me a quote over the phone & it was in our email when I hung up. They have tied for the best quote so we're good. Thanks again for the referral! We should have another "X" in the driveway by Labor Day (maybe)!
Good luck with the new X.

I hope you have better luck with your shipping than I did. The X is a relatively narrow car and some of the drivers are...um, not familiar with them.
IMG-20130912-00676.jpg

Boy, that makes me think about just driving it home (almost). I hadn't thought about the width. Our lift is set up for our Hondas & S10, and the X fits on it as well, so I didn't figure that it was too far from normal cars these days. Who was your shipper, how did they get the car back off, and how did things end up?

I didn't pick the transport company, I don't know who it was, it was part of a relocation. We needed a tow truck (with a very good driver), a floor jack, some boards and about 2 hrs to get the car out. It turns out that the company relocation folks hired a middleman to hire the truck/driver. That really complicated things. The middleman actually told me to go pound sand when I first contacted them. I had many conversations with them and each time their attitude got worse. Apparently the relocation folks have some clout with the middleman because one phone call to the relocation folks produced AMAZING results! The middleman's attitude did a 180 and the check was in the mail pronto. Sad, they transported several cars for me and that's the only one that had issues.

I've heard stories of some transporters holding cars for ransom (twice the agreed upon price) before they are delivered. Without an iron clad contract, good legal representation, and a willingness to endure a long process (during which your car is probably stored in a battery recycling facility), they have you at a disadvantage.

Back