Florida Xweb folks stay safe

JimD

Waiting for Godot...
I hope all of the Florida Xweb members are keeping an eye on the weather situation. Be safe and don't take unnecessary chances. I am in the panhandle this week, but outside the severe activity areas.

Good luck!

Or so you hope... it will run up the whole coast or so they say.

Good luck to all and to you Jim.

Karl

No worries karl,

I am pretty close to Alabama, so we will get wind/rain for a while tomorrow. We are in a large concrete building on the 6th floor. Hurricane screens are hung and ready if needed. Preparations have been made for the worst, so all is well here.

We were fortunate to be in the western panhandle and it was a pretty nice week once Irma passed by. I have been watching the dolphins hunt along the beach this morning. Pleasant temp, but looks like it will rain at some point. Heading home tomorrow.
IMG_20170915_074807.jpg

Thank you for the well wishing! The eye of the storm passed directly over my house! Beleave it or not the house sustained what i feel is only minor damage. We lost the siding off the south side of the house. 10-20
% of the shingles were ripped off the roof. The biggest casualty was my 20' box truck. The rear door which was east facing failed. the top 3 sections caved in. After that the roof, which was fiberglass was ripped off. Ruining all the furniture we had stored inside. (we are remodeling the house, even more now.) School has been out for 6 days, I am a teacher. So I have had a lot of time to clean up and make repairs to the house. My scorpions and fiats weathered the storm just fine. My nicest cars spent the time inside the shop at the school :) we went to a hotel for the storm.

Hi beek.

Sorry to here about all the damage, but good to hear that you and your family stayed safe. We live in tornado country, so we are familiar with storm damage. It sucks for sure. Good luck with your recovery activities.

Glad you are ok and sorry for the damage. Big bummer on the box truck. Who would have thought.

Back