X1/9 Dallara Martini no longer exists

cozzoi

George
Hi Guys,
The Dallara Martini I sold to this gentleman in Santa Rosa, CA turned into ashes along with other cool cars in his collection in last week fires.
I m going to miss it.

That is as to hear indeed. We should all observe a moment of silence. The likes of a Dallara Martini will not come this way again.

George, a minute ago I was just reviewing some old X1/9 photos (as part of a discussion thread I'm doing). And saw pics of it when you had it...I think it was the Best of France & Italy show several years ago. That's a heart breaker. Wonder what else he lost?

George, a minute ago I was just reviewing some old X1/9 photos (as part of a discussion thread I'm doing). And saw pics of it when you had it...I think it was the Best of France & Italy show several years ago. That's a heart breaker. Wonder what else he lost?
He also lost a De Tomaso Pantera with 560hp among other things

Bummer, dare I presume that the owner is OK? If so the cars can be replaced (with serious effort).

A car can be replaced, us, not so easy. I hope Mike and family are ok. I now know or of 5 people who lost something significant in these f'ing fires. So sad.

Last edited:
Hello Fellow Xwebers,

It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the passing of the beautiful car that George (Cozzoi) hand-built in his garage. I had a 1978 gold fiat x1/9 when I was in college in 1980 and I loaned it to my little brother for a weekend and he totaled it. He was okay, but the car was not. We have a similar situation here where my family and I are safe, but we literally had 60 seconds of evacuation notice at 2am Monday morning and left with only the clothes we were wearing. The Martini Dallara X 1/9 did not make it...as mentioned I also lost a show Pantera with a big block 533ci Ford stroker motor and also a mint 2007 BMW m6.

The outpouring of love and support for all the fire victims has been outstanding and I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. A special thanks to Tim Hoover for reaching out to me with great positive energy. As we all know, this sheet metal (and fiberglass) can be replaced, but our friends and family can not. We will stay focused and make it out the other side of this thing a bit stronger than before. Best Regards, Mike

Back