I did it again

Do you think my wife will leave me?

• Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No - but she should

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters
Hi everyone,

I'm back. Just confirmed my purchase of a clean 1985 1/2 Pininfarina Azzurra with the right stuff..wheels..rack and pinion.. unmolested car.

Now here is the problem...how to sneak this one home and to find a place to hid it from the wife.

This is getting trickier every time i buy a new toy.

William

Attachments

• IMG_5046.JPG
    IMG_5046.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_5048.JPG
    IMG_5048.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 177
So William... this makes 2 February purchases in 4 years. Is Feb a special month for you?? If she hasn't left you yet, this won't do it.

View attachment 8155
You need to make your own sign for your Spider habit. :)

I found this car last fall and waited for a fair price. Most expensive car purchased to date, but also very rare. Sold my 81 124 last spring and been searching for next project. Gives me an excuse for all of the parts I've accumulated

William

Just tell her its for her, as her Valentines Day gift this year...she'll love you for it (sarcasm intended).

I'll second that, it's a fine looking 124.

When I bought my first motorcycle, I hid it at my friends house for a month or so....

but I was 18 and stupid...

I'm no longer 18.

I had an X1/9 in my basement garage about a month before my wife noticed it. Ex wife, I should say. She asked where this car came from and by then I figured the answer was, we've had it a while. I don't recommend that approach, but that had nothing to do with said "ex" status.

Nice find. 85.5 is a very interesting model for a 124. That may be the only factory "spider 2000" that I could imagine owning and not wanting to make major changes to.

Wait..what? A real 85.5 with rack and pinion? Hell, better to ask forgiveness that permission. But if she says NO I'll take it off your hands!

Back