Front valance/grille carbon fiber

jovani

True Classic
20171205_111004.jpg 20171205_111036.jpg 20180216_174315.jpg 20180216_174419.jpg 20180216_174439.jpg 20171224_151234.jpg For sale is replacement valance/grille assembly. Carbon fiber valance and grille frame piece fits perfect and restores the most desirable early Euro look of your X. Easy repairable if damaged. Clear coated carbon, can be painted any color. Grille mesh is long lasting shock absorbent plastic.
$380
Shipping from zip code 85254

Last edited:
Is this a one off or part of a small run? Looks great. What years would this fit?
I make it upon request. The pictured one goes on my 1981, but it should fit on all year models I think, if later models are converted from aluminum rails to bumperless or Euro. Offering brand new turnsignals too, nicer looking than the old originals and after slight unnoticeable mounting mod, you'll have new and available turnsignals for many years to come, see photos.

Have you considered doing a CF trunklid, engine cover, or Targa top?
Not just those, I would like to make all body parts, thats why I bought pricy, but accident free car, but it is a big job and I don't know if there will be market for all this. And here is the craziest, I can make the ENTIRE car out of CF, I mean the monocoque structure, or CF body over light steel space frame. Have done it before, see the attached pics of Viking TT and Alpine A110, I made every part myself. If you know an investor, I am willing to move and do this on serious business bases.Sample_175.JPEG Sample_169.JPEG Sample_95.JPEG Pic153.JPG Pic159.JPG Pic169.JPG Pic173.JPG Sample_3.JPEG

Not just those, I would like to make all body parts, thats why I bought pricy, but accident free car, but it is a big job and I don't know if there will be market for all this. And here is the craziest, I can make the ENTIRE car out of CF, I mean the monocoque structure, or CF body over light steel space frame. Have done it before, see the attached pics of Viking TT and Alpine A110, I made every part myself. If you know an investor, I am willing to move and do this on serious business bases.

I think from a commercial/selling point of view, the body part that might appeal to X1/9 owners is the Targa Top. Unlike parts to a aero body kit that would need professional integration into the existing body and then need to be painted at a body shop, or replacement body panels meant to replicate stock parts, a CF Targa designed to replace the OEM unit exactly and use OEM hardware and seals is something that any reasonably handy X1/9 owner could install in a couple of hours using nothing more than a screwdriver.

I second Dan also, I approach 60 and a roof lighter and robust as the original would be very interesting and probably I am interested if the quality is present.
Yves

Not just those, I would like to make all body parts, thats why I bought pricy, but accident free car, but it is a big job and I don't know if there will be market for all this. And here is the craziest, I can make the ENTIRE car out of CF, I mean the monocoque structure, or CF body over light steel space frame. Have done it before, see the attached pics of Viking TT and Alpine A110, I made every part myself. If you know an investor, I am willing to move and do this on serious business bases.

PS--Fascinating work, by the way!! :)

That is a neat idea & product. Even though I've collected all the pieces for converting both my late X1/9s,this is tempting.

Is the price with or before shipping?

That is a neat idea & product. Even though I've collected all the pieces for converting both my late X1/9s,this is tempting.

Is the price with or before shipping?
Guess you are asking about the bumpers or the grille, not the targa top the guys above are discussing. Price is before shipping obviously, but grille/valance assy is feather light and ground shipping shouldn't be much. Also I may drop the price slightly depending on requested finish - clear coat or not, uniform CF weave etc. BTW the set of CF rear blockless bumpers is sold and owner have them installed (see photos) , but I am taking new orders.O.jpg

Another aging x head that would love a lighter Targa

Odie
My estimate is that CF targa will be 2 to 3 times lighter than the original and much stiffer, the problem is the massive amount of material needed for the original trim attachments and they are all perpendicular to the plane of the roof. I am re-engineering it now to avoid the so common stripped threads in the fiberglass. I also think to install the rubber weather seal as one continuous piece on the targa, as a big U (left-rear-right) with incorporated corner seals on it instead on the pillar seal. The door seals will end at the top corners of the pillar with a small rubber plug no across seal, just edge trim. This will make much more reliable seal when installing the targa. But can you guys give me a rough clue (with no obligations) what the price limit on CF top should be? 20 years ago I began making one for myself, but if I counted even the lowest possible rate plus materials, it was not worth it to make them for sale. Now I am willing to calculate again.

Guess you are asking about the bumpers or the grille...

Yes the grille. I'll continue to watch and I think the work is very interesting! I have a friend who does carbon fiber construction of small items (aviation controls, grips, I don't know what else) along with some very high quality repair work on high end bicycles. At the moment, I probably have a perverse position as the higher the cost, the less temptation I have to short-cut what I had planned for my Xs...either way, the work is of interest, especially body panels, but not so much the roof as I think it's not particularly heavy for some reason.

Thanks for adding cool stuff to the hobby!

What would be the cost of shipping to New Zealand ? Probably more than the item itself but here's hoping.
View attachment 8658 View attachment 8659 View attachment 8607 View attachment 8608 View attachment 8609 View attachment 8610 For sale is replacement valance/grille assembly. Carbon fiber valance and grille frame piece fits perfect and restores the most desirable early Euro look of your X. Easy repairable if damaged. Clear coated carbon, can be painted any color. Grille mesh is long lasting shock absorbent plastic.
$380
Shipping from zip code 85254

Back