850 racer on BaT

It does look like fun. The engine should say 843 as the basis but thats pretty nit picky when talking about a race car, the reality could be much different.

Engine will need a rebuild in short order...something to keep in mind.

It didn't meet reserve. The bid went to $5700 which is probably about half what it would cost to build it if you did all the work yourself.
850s in general have very little value in the U.S.

It didn't meet reserve. The bid went to $5700 which is probably about half what it would cost to build it if you did all the work yourself.
850s in general have very little value in the U.S.

I would say that race cars built on 30-50 year old vehicle platforms have very little value in the US. For what I put into my race X, I could have bought myself a nice little open wheeler. It's probably worth a tenth of what I put into it, if I was to actually try to sell it. You pay to play.

Pete

I would say that race cars built on 30-50 year old vehicle platforms have very little value in the US. For what I put into my race X, I could have bought myself a nice little open wheeler. It's probably worth a tenth of what I put into it, if I was to actually try to sell it. You pay to play.

Pete

I'm in the same position with my Alfetta race car so I somewhat agree but....if I had built a GTV, 2002 or even 510 I bet my potential return would be a lot higher. I was actually going to race an 850 but due to the demographics here there is not a class for them so I would have had to race in the 1500cc and under group. There is no way to be competitive in that grouping with an 850.

Back