5th Zagato is the charm (maybe)

BEEK

True Classic
thats right! I am buying a Zagato this week, unbelievably the wife is not divorcing me. not sure why, but after 22 years maybe she is trained...not likely... I m the one who is trained... wonder what this will cost me?

00R0R_gq0WnPC0I34_1200x900.jpg

this is the car. I hope to make the purchase saturday

I've been watching the price drop on that one on CL. Congrats!
If you ever come across an '82 painted dark Polo Green Metallic let me know. I'd love to get that one back.

here are a few pictures

Attachments

• IMG_5805.JPG
    IMG_5805.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_5806.JPG
    IMG_5806.JPG
    237.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_5811.JPG
    IMG_5811.JPG
    521.7 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_5813.JPG
    IMG_5813.JPG
    478.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_5815.JPG
    IMG_5815.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 122
Just very compelling lines, and very weird cars. I'll probably have one. One day. I'm weird.

but not five...maybe two...

Ok, So i have run my first tank of gas through it. This is where I am now and what I have done:
1. car runs then dies after 30-45 minutes, has no spark. I gathered a module and a coil figuring that one of those were failing... wrong. Turns out it was the pickup. Now I know why the guy who sold me the car didnt want me to drive it home. LOL stranded me for about a hour then it fired back up and i replaced the pickup which I had already ordered anyway.
2. The prior owner installed a radio. What a mess.. All the connections were duct taped. So I fixed all of those connections.
3. Heater / AC interior fan inop. The prior owner said it stopped working when he installed thee radio. So I got out the wiring diagram and searched things down, Discovered a blown fuse and a bad connection. Put a pound of freon in the system, was just a little low and hark! working ac! Well almost. One of the vacuum motors for the center dash vents was bad so all i have is defrost mod. But it is cold!
4. replaced a window regulator on the pass side. the snake was stripped.
5. installed a 60cfl throttle body, which I already had. That woke it up abit. tuned the injection for the additional air. added about 10hp
6. replaced the lower alternator bolt, broken and loose.
7. replaced the upper alternator mount bushing. It is nice having all of those parts on hand.
8. needs rear struts, I will assess what i have and decide from there.
I have enjoyed driving the car so far!

Last edited:
Nice. Congrats. Excellent progress. It is nice when you have the stuff around.

So in perusing various areas of the country it is remarkable how many Zagato’s still exist. One can find them listed on Craigslist in many parts of the country. Many in decent if not nice condition.

The thought of a nice 4 seat near convertible to go on vacation with and running around town in would be nice. Perhaps someday when I have a proper garage/barn.

I am finding we are all weird.

Back