Someone should post up something around here...

Chad C.

True Classic
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Been getting a couple hours a week to crack on with my interior. Removed the vinyl panel behind the seats because I strongly suspected the metal behind it would need attention. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but it wasn't as bad as I feared.

Heavy pitting but only two tiny pinholes that braised up quickly with a torch. I used the wire brush on my angle grinder to get the crusty bits off, then used a phosphoric acid solution in a spray bottle to convert the leftover rust. Afterward, it got a thick coat of POR-15, which is as close to powder coating as you can get without having it done. I'm now sticking down some sound deadening over the POR-15 in an effort to make the sound from the rear bulkhead a bit more livable. The induction sound of dual DCNFs is fantastic, but conversation inside the car is difficult while driving.

The floors have been done for a while now. They were solid and got the same treatment, but with truck bed liner instead of POR-15.

I've also been slowly dying the weathered blue interior black. The seats are trashed, and will be replaced with vintage sport seats that measure up very similarly to the originals. The rest of the interior was in reasonable shape, just BLUE and a bit faded. The carpet turned out very nice, which was surprising considering what I started with.

I used Duplicolor vinyl and carpet dye for everything, and I'm impressed with the results. The prep time to get each interior piece clean enough was exhaspusting, but was worth it. I hesitated to use such a conventional product, but I can't argue with the results. There were several touch-ups along the way, but it's pretty forgiving stuff. My goal for the car is driver quality, or something that I'd be confident to show other enthusiasts. Though the interior isn't back in yet, I think I've met that goal.

I see the pics inserted are in random order, but they tell the tale. I'll respond to my own post here with a few more.

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Here's a few of the carpet. I took it to a car wash & sprayed the hell out of it before vacuuming it dry afterward. Worked well and it was cheap. I failed with Rit dye, so it went back to the car wash for another clean before the final aerosol solution. The carpet feels acceptably soft/not stiff after brushing it wit a scrub brush. I also used the brush during the application of the dye.

I've never been a big believer in remedies that come in a can or in aerosol form, but I couldn't pay someone to give me an interior that's no longer blue and I'm reasonably happy with my results so far. Including my choice of seats and an inexpensive Momo Prototipo steering wheel, my budget interior will have cost be about $700.

The eagle-eyed might have notices the protrusion into the bulkhead from the engine bay. That's my alternator bracket. The alternator required relocation for the dual carb install, and that was the answer.

Last edited:
Thanks, when you decide to post something up, you don’t fool around :)

The parts look great in the after, the before, oh my. Good choices, black is going to be much nice over the variety of colors that things come in to start, particularly weathered colors.

Nice work. Congrats on excellent progress.

Thanks!

Nice work Chad... and a lot of it. Keep at it, I look forward to the next chapter. :)

B9ACFF77-CA67-44C0-B8C3-63BA15F9415B.jpeg
208E269B-9A0B-41FC-9930-8E3370D990A8.jpeg
BAD9A385-279C-4F09-A6C1-DC75DEEE9D9A.jpeg
915C9979-077C-4EAC-AE0C-41831F293F15.jpeg
99414A62-E68F-4827-9E1C-CC1F16B39244.jpeg
7763FE88-86A4-4381-887E-1A93B96DD3FF.jpeg
45EDC033-2036-4E7B-8C78-DF0F2A814A2E.jpeg
Thanks y’all!

Here’s a few more, showing the Peel & Seal sound deadening that I hope to keep going on today and the dying of the rear bulkhead panel. That piece started with some rodent poo resting in its parcel shelf...
I’ll poke around in my Camera Roll & see what else I can find.

awesome progress. Mine has suddenly taken the back burner for a few weeks. My spider is almost done. Then i am completing the Scorpion

Lancia 1.jpg
Lancia 2.jpg
Lancia 3.jpg
Lancia 4.jpg
Lancia 5.jpg
Lancia 6.jpg
Lancia 7.jpg
Refitting the interior, it's going well so far. Getting the glove box back in is a tough solo job, but I managed ok. It's starting to look better in there, but my time is limited and the progress therefore incremental. I've got a 350mm Momo Prototipo steering wheel coming in the mail, do these cars use the same Momo adapter hub as the X1/9? I suspect they do, but I'd like to be more sure before I order one.

Apologies for the photo quality, it was tough to get good shots of it at sunset...

Thanks MotoTrooper! It's exciting to see real progress. Gonna have a go at the rear bulkhead panel behind the seats before dark, and also refit the seatbelts. I'm just about done with a very hands-on work day here in secure inpatient psychiatrics, but counselor Chad still has some poop left at the end of the day : ) I did get bitten today...

Patient bites the hand that cures it?

Looking much better, as in a huge improvement. Thanks for the update. Nice spot to work by the way.

Great progress. All I can share is a picture of my disassembled engine in a storage unit. Ha!

Regarding a Momo steering wheel hub, I think X1/9 units will work. I actually have a unit off a Spider 2000 that I was going to try. I think someone had told me once it will work, but the turn-signal canceling may not function. Months ago, I found a genuine Abarth-branded 037 steering wheel for a song, so that's what I'm planning to install. Long way to go before that becomes a priority, unfortunately.

Back