FOR SALE: PBS ENGINEERING SPLIT SUMP/OIL PAN FIAT 600 850 A112

Frank L. Di Gioia

True Classic
This is excess to my needs. It's also the second PBS sump I've listed here. Please note that there has been a modification to the upper half in that the cross brace has had the center section removed. This was to clear modified oil lines and was a common practice back when. It will come with the 1/4" bolts that attach the lower half but you will need to procure metric bolts to attach it to your block. TO AVOID MISUNDERSTANDINGS: THIS SUMP IS LISTED ON EBAY with a "buy it now" price of $550. This allows level access 24 hours a day to anyone interested. I'm interested in an OT 1000 sump as trade + or - $ depending on condition.DSCI0947.JPG

Years ago I bought a Fiat 600 alloy transmission cover from John Edwards at the Silver's Monterey week Party. He had ABARTH cast into the center in raised letters. I cut it out and cut a matching hole in the rear of the PBS lower sump piece to match. My machine shop then TIG welded it in, ground the weld down flush, and then sand blasted it to match the rest of the sump. It was almost a perfect match for the magnesium Abarth race sump at a fraction of the cost. Stay tuned for more poor man's racing tips Jeff. Frank

I'm sure you are also familiar with the parts from the guy in Croatia. He preps early Fiats for racing and makes all sorts of custom race components, including recasting old stuff that is no longer available. On his web site you can see some of the early Abarth equipment that he is recreating (you'll have to explore the site to find all the items):
http://www.stolesraceshop.com/

Thanks Jeff, I wonder if it's legal to bring car parts back from eastern Europe? I have a friend who visits his family in Montenegro who brought me back a local brandy in plastic bottles and got through OK. Thanks for the site address. I've been hit or miss posting pictures but Email address pasting seems beyond me right now. That and getting a picture instead of "daily driver" for identification.

More photos?Thanks
The sump is on Ebay USA and there are more pics there. As stated in the listing I "would like to trade for an OT1000 sump." This offer is now off the table (meaning no trade at this time offered) because I have paid for and I'm waiting for arrival of the desired sump.

OT1000 sump is no longer needed as a trade item. PBS sump is still up for sale but really more interested in trade items that might be applied to a '67 850 Spider H production race car.

Back