I will be in Pasadena area the weekend of Oct 27/28

kmead

Old enough to know better
I will be in the Pasadena area for an Art Center Reunion the weekend of Oct 27/28. I will be attending the car show on the 28th but may have some free time on Saturday.

I don’t know where folks are around the area but would be happy to try to meet up time permitting.

If you go to the ACCD car show, I do look very much like my profile picture (unfortunately), 5’6”, gray hair, later middle aged dad body, probably wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Usually pretty easy to pick out of a crowd.

I may be a bit foggy as i will have just flown in from Hong Kong on Thursday night (there for a day and a half, aren’t companies great?)

Karl

Too bad the reunion isn't one week later. Then you would be there the same weekend as "The Best of France and Italy" show. That show seems to attract several west coast members of Xweb, with their X's.

Is the ACCD car show open to the public?

I know, I can’t stay all that time sadly. Wish I could.

Yes the show is open to the public with a fee of course.

Years ago Nuccio Bertone was there for it. I don’t know what the focus is this time.

Actually, right now you kind of look like a 5 speed. :D
Doh!

Need to fix that. :)

1A13648A-1E78-468E-8D48-A580C1DC8725.jpeg 47B77A0B-4C12-4B09-B311-7BE955C85CF5.jpeg

Last edited:
Over the years living in SoCal I'd heard about various events at ACCD and always wanted to see what was there. But never made it. And it would be great to meet up with you. Unfortunately the SEMA Show is the following week, which means that weekend will be packed with getting things ready for the show. Likewise for the France/Italy Show the weekend after, too much to take care of closing out SEMA. It is an exhausting event with a long preparation and clean up. But I hope you have a great trip to Hong Kong (another desired destination for me) and enjoy the reunion.

You mentioned Hong Kong is for business. How long will you be there and will you be able to take in any fun activities?

Back