Hello from NC

Lots of PB Blaster and time to soak might help. I purchased a couple of these special vise grips that grab nuts/bolts on the flats rather than the corners. I got the 4" long and 7" long versions. They do grip really well and I haven't had one slip.

Last edited:
I know it's been a while, but life gets in the way. I finally got the new clutch and brake master cylinders in, and the pedal box and steering column reinstalled. I also ran new brake fluid-tolerant lines to the reservoirs and replaced the brake reservoir with the BMW kit.
20181022_174243_HDR.jpg
20181022_171130_HDR.jpg

Now the question remains.... What are the two brownish/orangish wires that are hanging down to the left of the steering column. They were hanging there before I pulled the column and I thought I'd find the other ends as I disassembled, but I didn't. They are not shown in my Haynes manual. Any clues?
20181022_171139_HDR.jpg

I can't tell from the angle of your photo, but..did you already re-attach your two brake light switch connections?

What are the two brownish/orangish wires that are hanging down to the left of the steering column. They were hanging there before I pulled the column and I thought I'd find the other ends as I disassembled, but I didn't. They are not shown in my Haynes manual. Any clues?
Hard to tell from the photos, but are your brake light switch wires accounted for? Did some years have a switch on the clutch as well for some emission control arrangement?

I know it's been a while, but life gets in the way. I finally got the new clutch and brake master cylinders in, and the pedal box and steering column reinstalled. I also ran new brake fluid-tolerant lines to the reservoirs and replaced the brake reservoir with the BMW kit.
Looks like your reservoir lines are veering off towards the windshield side of the cowl scuttle. Make sure they don't interfere with the operation of the the top side ventilation door/flap.

Got the driver's side floor pan in....
View attachment 16367 View attachment 16368

Looks good from here. Are those the pans available on eBay by the pair? Did you use regular paint on them, or POR? I ask 'cos I had used POR, and found it wanting, since it does not flex, when the floor is struck with anything from below (inevitable on my local roadways) it just cracks, separates like a shell & creates a nice moisture retention layer

Looks good from here. Are those the pans available on eBay by the pair? Did you use regular paint on them, or POR? I ask 'cos I had used POR, and found it wanting, since it does not flex, when the floor is struck with anything from below (inevitable on my local roadways) it just cracks, separates like a shell & creates a nice moisture retention layer
These are the ones from eBay. They required a little massaging but couldn't complain for the price. After welding I wire brushed and cleaned with paint thinner. Then primed and used rustoleum undercoat.

Well I hate to do this, but I've lost my work space and the Fiat needs to go. I put it on eBay to get a feel...lots of looks, no bites. I've got over 1200 in at this point not counting my time. Do you think it's recoverable? Should I go ahead an rebuild the engine and then try to sell? Any recommendations are welcome.

Matt

Well I hate to do this, but I've lost my work space and the Fiat needs to go. I put it on eBay to get a feel...lots of looks, no bites. I've got over 1200 in at this point not counting my time. Do you think it's recoverable? Should I go ahead an rebuild the engine and then try to sell? Any recommendations are welcome.

Matt
I linked your Ebay auction over in the FS&W section a few days ago. It really isn't a good time to sell a sports car, since the good driving weather is over for most of the country.

I linked your Ebay auction over in the FS&W section a few days ago. It really isn't a good time to sell a sports car, since the good driving weather is over for most of the country.
Thanks! And I'm sure its not. I dont want it sitting out in the weather either though and it may be over a year before I can get back on it.

Sold at a loss. But better than it rotting away in my yard. I never unpack the boxes but the new owner says it's missing the engine crossmember and the cyclonic trap breather. Anyone got these for sale?

Sold at a loss. But better than it rotting away in my yard. I never unpack the boxes but the new owner says it's missing the engine crossmember and the cyclonic trap breather. Anyone got these for sale?
Did it go somewhere local? I may be able to help the new owner with these.

It went 8 miles from my house, lol. Mikehynes sent me a p.m. saying he had both items and I agreed to buy and have them shipped here already however if the new owner finds anything else he needs maybe you'll be of help

Back