Door Seals

I haven't used those specific seals, but you may / may not know that the OE items have a moulded corner that sits at the top of the door where the seal bends to go across to the other side. OE parts are made in 2 pieces, a left and right specific seal. That part from mr fiat doesn't appear to be X19 specific with the moulded in corners.

Plenty of aftermarket sources (like clark rubber) carry seal profile on a roll, pretty cheap too for something that's pretty close.... but without the moulded corner it's not going to seal at that top back corner of the door glass...the original profile seal can still be bought thru Pirelli, but simply on a roll...not specific to X19 with the moulded corner. The OE Pirelli seal is more expensive than the generic stuff from clark rubber, but it's the correct profile.

One of the members here (Riccardo) has made these corners in rubber, not sure if he still has them, but that's what you need to find if you plan on using stuff off the roll.

SteveC

Early X1/9s used a generic seal (on a roll) with a separate rubber corner piece.
I am sure the later molded seal works better, but the separate corners are still available.

I have installed generic rubber in the last 4 years but it just hasn't lasted. I did keep and use the corners off the original seal though. Might just have to use the generic again and replace every few years.
Thanks for the advice

I have installed generic rubber in the last 4 years but it just hasn't lasted. I did keep and use the corners off the original seal though. Might just have to use the generic again and replace every few years.
Thanks for the advice

I guess it depends on the source. The one I linked is identical to factory seal in terms of quality.

I guess it depends on the source. The one I linked is identical to factory seal in terms of quality.
Hussein - Your links don't match up to an item anymore. Any chance you can check out ebay when you have a minute for something comparable and post a link? Thanks in advance. There's too many to choose from!!

Hussein - Your links don't match up to an item anymore. Any chance you can check out ebay when you have a minute for something comparable and post a link? Thanks in advance. There's too many to choose from!!

Yeah - I see the vendor is no longer on eBay. He/they are on Amazon though. This is one listing for similar item:

MM Seals

MM Seals

I have messaged them to see if they can identify what I bought back in OCT 2018

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 7.54.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 7.55.11 PM.png

Yeah - I see the vendor is no longer on eBay.
Today I was looking for a item on eBay that I had saved in one of my "wish lists". Not only was that item no longer there but a whole bunch of others are gone also. Seems a lot of long time eBay sellers have quit the game.

Today I was looking for a item on eBay that I had saved in one of my "wish lists". Not only was that item no longer there but a whole bunch of others are gone also. Seems a lot of long time eBay sellers have quit the game.

When you look at the recent news (NY Times) regarding eBay's shenanigans against some people who didn't speak well of them in reviews, and overall business ethics, it's not hard to see why.

Just from a practical standpoint, they don't maintain our purchase history for more than a couple years, and specifics disappear from the individual records anyway. I for one use them much less these days, pretty much last resort really.

They replied - this is one of the ones I bought

bulb trim seal

I don't recall if this matches the OEM or if it is the slightly larger version, that you would have to measure

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 8.19.54 AM.png

I like the way this version looks better - more 'square' bulb - the rounder version can make the door hard to shut

oval bulb

I used the stripping MWB sells. It fit fine and the doors close easily. I didn't reuse the corner pieces, just ran the strip the full length.

Back