Alternative Engine Swaps...

My dad was saying the side scoops provide a lot especially if there are open panels, like removing the rain guard on the engine cover.

I wonder about the airflow bob Nelson gets with his intercooler in the place where the license plate is (cut out)

Odie

Copied the pic to bring it to the new page....

Yeah... Coilovers..

index.php

Looking REALLY good!!!! (not that I'm biased toward reds or anything :D )

EDIT - did we have a discussion on your wheel choice? I can't recall, but would like the details....

Wowsers!

Dang that looks hot.

Hussein, I believe the answer to your question lies in the term ‘wobble bolts’ or ‘wobble nuts’ which allow for a variety of 4 x 100 rims which are suitable for use on Miatas and others of that ilk.

These wheels look great on this car, still under the flair but close to the edge. They are also great looking rims, not too modern and compatible with the surfaces and design of the car. Not overtired and not overstated.

Hopefully they are light.

Thanks for the likes guys... Been a longgggggg 3 years in the making. And IT"S NOT RED!!!!!!!!!!! IT"S PORSCHE LAVA ORANGE! :):):):):)

Yup, wobble bolts with aluminum centering rings. Rota wheel makes a lot of cool designs. They are very light. I didn't weight them but I am able to grab a wheel and tire with one hand and lift it into position it on the car. Front wheel size is a 15x8 and the rear 15x9. Zero offset on both with a 67.1mm center bore. You have to do a bit of trimming on the interior front fender well to allow for bump to bump full turn radius. Other that that, Cut away my friends! It's only metal.:cool:

http://www.rotawheels.com/

Thanks for the background info. Looking through the catalog, I assume the ones you bought are the "Kensei", which I find offered in package sets of 15x8 & 15x9.

the ones that give a separate adjustments for spring pressure and for ride height
I love that feature. So easy for them to be manufactured that way, you wonder why it hasn't been the case for decades - or why they don't all have it now. I've built a couple of air suspension set-ups (air bags) on struts. And by using a threaded strut body (like from a coil-over strut), you can do the same by adjusting the position of the bag's lower mount, plus adjusting the bag's air pressure.

Looks and sounds like fun. It will be interesting to see what is really like when you have an open road.

Amazing how you have brought this car from what it was to where it is now. Incredible work.

Would that I had your skills. I am most envious.

Karl

That's an amazing looking X and pushes my buttons since my X is orange (and black) with flares. I'm getting an idea from your car how mine might look but mine will be a 30 footer and yours has in your face excellence.

IMG_0864[1].JPG

Tons of excellent work, very well done! Must feel great to finally get to the end (at least for now :rolleyes:).

A couple of interior detail questions for you. The door interior panels appear to be textured ABS sheet? And is the top of the rear "shelf" the same material? How about those cool little pockets to cover the inside door lock pins?

I don't recall without going back through all the pages to review; is the rear trunk still intact or is it like mine and sacrificed for the components to fit? Got a picture of it?

Thanks, and congratulations. I know there were moments during the process when it did not seem worth it. But I'm sure some time driving it now will cure all that.

Back