Fiat Freakout July 9-14, 2019 Greensboro, NC

Denise Burchette

True Classic
Hey Everyone!
this year's Fiat Freakout is at Grandover Resort in Greensboro, NC and is easily accessible from the North, South, East or West. This is a driving event so make sure your cars are up to snuff.
We Start off with a track day event at Virginia International Raceway. For those with open cars, no roll bar required with a signed waiver. This event is a prelude to the FFO but you don't have to be a Fiat Club member to participate. An early bird special is being offered for $300 so get your spot reserved! Email Phil Wicks at Racerwicks@aol.com for more information.

Wednesday is a tour to various race shops: Richard Petty, Richard Childress and our very own, John and Gary Baucom....or, for those less interested in racing, I have a nice country tour through the Uwharrie national forest, visiting the pottery district, Pisgah covered bridge and Southern Supreme Fruitcake factory.

Thursday we have an autocross scheduled so bring your helmets!....or, for those less interested in racing, I have a nice tour of Old Salem, A Moravian settlement from Pennsylvania that blossomed into what we now know as Winston-Salem. This is a fun and exciting history lesson for all ages. Thursday night Welcome Party will be held in the gardens of our host hotel.

Friday we have a gokart race at the GoPro Motorplex in Mooresvlle. This is a fun track with pretty fast karts!...or, for those less interested in racing, i have a time/distance rally through the Blue Ridge mountains. The final destination is an added treat but I can't tell you. It's a secret. After that, we also have a tour to the Red Oak Brewery, which in my honest opinion, is the best brew around. Then the Friday Night Drive-in at the hotel. Kids have their own drive in movie.

Saturday, our car show on hotel grounds. there will be a special section for Italian race cars so I hope we have a good amount for display. We will also have tech sessions set up in the hotel. i am looking for a session or two if anyone wants to share a fix with their fellow Fiatsi. Our Saturday night banquet will be a little early to make time for a bus trip to famous Bowman Gray Stadium to see.....you got it! Racing! This track, around a football field, is the oldest and longest running track in NASCAR AND it's where my daughter also races. It's exciting racing fills the stands with 15 - 20k people every weekend. You won't want to miss this show!....or, for those less interested in racing, I have a nice dessert bar and an early beginning to the parking lot jam!

Sunday, we have our Raffle and silent auction and our chance to bid farewell to our friends until next year. Since the hotel provides 2 breakfast vouchers included in the price per night, we will have drinks and treats instead of breakfast.

Go to Fiatclubamerica.com to register!

Thanks Denise,
That's a great agenda, sounds like a racer had a hand in it :).
I think Mr. Wick did a good job the last time we were at VIR, lots of fun. Will we be on the short track again? Will other non-Fiat cars participate again too? Will it be geared toward racecars, or street cars?
What's the chance we'll get on the track at Bowman Gray Stadium? (Loved the TV series!, love the modifieds!) Do you think this X1/9 would look too much out of place there?
DSC_1965_zpsc24f74db.jpg

Thanks Denise,
That's a great agenda, sounds like a racer had a hand in it :).
I think Mr. Wick did a good job the last time we were at VIR, lots of fun. Will we be on the short track again? Will other non-Fiat cars participate again too? Will it be geared toward racecars, or street cars?
What's the chance we'll get on the track at Bowman Gray Stadium? (Loved the TV series!, love the modifieds!) Do you think this X1/9 would look too much out of place there?
View attachment 19709

I figured I'd throw a few things I enjoyed doing in the mix, lol. Phil did do a great job. We will have the Mini's join us and it is the South Course. There will be a group for racecars if we have a few and it looks like we may just have a good crowd of them. I'll be bringing my X19 race car. it's extremely underpowered, but what the heck. We won't get to put any cars on Bowman Gray track but my daughter will be racing that night so you'll have someone to pull for! I think you'll really enjoy the show at Bowman Gray. it's very entertaining and we'll go to the pits after the show to see the cars and meet the drivers.

Would a Bertone be welcome at the Fiat freak out?

At the FFO in Florida last year, there were a plethora of X1/9 - Bertones representing everything from basic drivers to the MWB K20 swap poster child, to a Dodge Shelby powered, and so on. The X contingent was a significant presence. Bring yours, and you won't be alone, regardless of the condition. If it rolls, it fits!

I MAY even have the Mutant ready to present by then. We'll See!

Bringing my 86 X.

Any idea what the technical session will be?

Power window mods would be sweet.
Just sayin’....

Back