Any feedback on these tires?

I was wondering what the dimensions are, but I can't find a set of specs for this particular tire. I found this website that gives generic info for 215/50R13 tires. I have no idea if that info is accurate, but here it is:

215/50R13
Diameter : 21.5"
Width : 8.5"
Wheel : 13" x 6-7.5"
Sidewall : 4.2"
Circum. : 67.4"
Revs/Mile : 940

That same site gives this info for 185/60R13:

185/60R13
Diameter : 21.7"
Width : 7.3"
Wheel : 13" x 5-6.5"
Sidewall : 4.4"
Circum. : 68.3"
Revs/Mile : 928

That matches really well with the info Tirerack shows for a 185/60/13 Toyo R888, so I guess the info is a good estimate of size.

Nice find, Carl. I spoke with Trent at Performance Plus - he's called me three times so hats off to him. He went out in the warehouse and all the other sizes listed the UTQG on the tire except the 13s, which have a classic designation and are exempt from listing UTQGs. The Vitour website lists UTQGs from 340 to 600 so no help there and UTQGs are determined by the tire manufacturer so not a precise number anyway. He will let me know what size the other 13" is.

They may be similar to a Ultra or High Performance Summer Tire but just guessing.

Last edited:
When I first went to the manufacturer web site they didn't list this tire which makes me think they are out of production. Any potential buyer should determine production date before purchase. Still doing my homework on wheels and tires for the flared X and have an option on some 13x8 wheels and I think the 215 would be a nice width.

It appears Vitour are a Chinese brand tire. And would appear from their home website (not the one from their South African dealer which i think you went to ) that this is indeed a current tire:
http://www.vitourtires.com/index.php/Home/English/proview/id/126.html

Do note this same tire is available also in a 195/55r13 size. And that the USA dealer carries both the 195/55r13 and the 215/50r13. And shows stock of both sizes currently:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VITOUR-For...9:g:JpgAAOSwnpBbQ8oK:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VITOUR-For...f:g:5S0AAOSwVpRbQ8ee:rk:3:pf:1&frcectupt=true

It would appear the Ebay seller is this place:
https://www.performanceplustire.com/tires-for-sale/vitour-tires/

Poke around the website and you can find the same tires. Perhaps cheaper to order from the website as the seller would not have to pay Ebay fees. Google reviews of the seller seem favorable.

If you are concerned about production date I suggest you call them and ask.

If you dont like the raised white letters just mount them so the lettering faces inwards....

I have no idea how good or bad these tires are. However, you seem to more concerned about looks than performance. These would appear to round and black, and in a size that would look good with your flairs. If...you really want performance, there are other options available that you dont seem to care for - too costly or picking up stones.

I would suggest that a combo of the 195/55r13 on the front, and the 215/50-13 on the rear, would be a good plan. both have an OD of about 21.4" - very close to a 185/60r13. Should fill your flares out nicely without going too wild. The narrower front tires would fit much easier ( and avoid clearance issues with the inner fenders ) and keep steering effort to a reasonable level. And the staggered sizing would be in keeping with the X1/9's rear weight bias. And the wider rear tires would look cool....

You would need 6"-7" wide wheels in the front, and 7"-8" wide wheels in the rear. Both in a suitable offset. You should have no trouble finding something suitable. Like CD66 replicas, Revolutions, or mini-stock type steel wheels. Perhaps you may need a small spacer to fine-tune to the offset you desire.

Thanks for doing the homework I should have been able to do. Try not to beat on me too much about performance, I do want great handling, just not racetrack handling. Stones hitting the inside of the fenderwell can be very amusing, something most drivers don't hear.

Back