My 86 Bertone on BAT

Looks great. Good discussion aside from the rear ended dude. Good call to be available right away on the forum.

Good luck with the sale, the car really presents well. Nice job.

BAT is one of those sites that has random people making wacky comments that can either really help or hurt a sale.. I really wish the moderators did a better job... Best of luck!

I’m glad to see an X on BAT where the commenters aren’t obsessed with bumpers, reliability, and rust. The guy who claims it was rear ended made the same comment on the previous auction. He says he had an X that was rear ended and got a similar dent. So according to his logic, this car had to have suffered the same fate.

Even if it’s true and this car was in a rear end collision, as long as it drives straight and has no structural issues then there isn’t a problem. To make claims like that without even seeing the car is outrageous.

thanks guys...yes i was a bit surprised at that strange comment as it had never been hit like that, ...had to laugh as the previous owner went off on that guy, i commented i wish the wacky poster lived closer and could inspect the car in person ...for some reason bat did not post some of my pics..i'll try to get them up today, but it comes with a lot of literature, two perfect door panels and a factory power antenna that i sourced, but did not put on...will still see some of you at woodley park in november..if the car does not sell, i'm fine with that as it means i can still hang out with you guys and gals at the x1/9 section!

Attachments

• IMG_7098.JPG
    IMG_7098.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7099 (2).JPG
    IMG_7099 (2).JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 25
BAT is one of those sites that has random people making wacky comments that can either really help or hurt a sale.. I really wish the moderators did a better job... Best of luck!

Well said especially the part about moderators doing a better job. Innuendo by someone does more damage than someone posting something ridiculous. If someone were to read ALL the comments foolishness usually gets vetted out but innuendo (something that can't be proven one way or another) casts a pall on the vehicle that adds that little bit of trepidation for the potential buyer. That said, I have my own suspicions about BAT but I won't state them because....well...that would be innuendo...

guys quick question...two seperate people contacted me and asked to pay with venmo or paypal......have any ot you used this/these modes of payment for auctions..any advice would be appreciated

Looks like a really nice X, alfaman. I can just imagine how fantastic it would look with a slightly lowered ride height and a set of 4-spoke Campys. I really need to sell a car so I can have the room for another X1/9.

guys quick question...two seperate people contacted me and asked to pay with venmo or paypal......have any ot you used this/these modes of payment for auctions..any advice would be appreciated

Does BAT not manage the auction?

I use PayPal a fair amount but personally for a large purchase, I would want to get a bank transfer or cash at the time of the transfer of the car.. PayPal charges a signficant amount and it has rules around purchaser satisfaction. I know, I am a Luddite.

All payments should be transacted through BAT. Part of what you are paying for is their protection. You should have been assigned a BAT agent so get his advice on that. Whatever you do, do NOT agree to any sales outside of BAT or disclose your reserve. Your contract with BAT specifically excludes you from transacting a sale outside of their auction.

Looks like a really nice X, alfaman. I can just imagine how fantastic it would look with a slightly lowered ride height and a set of 4-spoke Campys. I really need to sell a car so I can have the room for another X1/9.
Thanks.....I kinda like the tron wheels but 4 spoke campys are great...i have what i believe are 5 spoke campys on my alfa

I sold a Jeep on BAT and was paid directly from the buyer via check but my BAT agent was involved so I was protected in case the check didn’t clear. In my case, I wasn’t worried because the buyer was a licensed dealer. Plus the check cleared before the shipping company arrived.

Sold at 9K. Good buy for that price.

Hope the new owner shows up here.

Sorry Alfaman that it didn’t go for more, it should have.

Back