TONS of Used Fiat Parts, all must go

Aspen Import Auto

Daily Driver
First, thank you all for your support, participation, purchases, donations, kind words, patience, and more. The show of love from all of you has been overwhelming, and a beacon of hope during this dark time. If you put in a parts order but haven't heard from us, it's because we didn't find the things on your list. Thanks for your understanding.

We have been clearing out parts, recycling what we can, and re-homing the last of the remaining cars. It's been a LOT of work. We've now reached the point where we will have to give up the space that the shop has occupied, but there's still many, many used parts we'd rather not see go to the crusher.

We expect the landlord to take possession of the property SATURDAY OCTOBER 26TH. That leaves very little time, so we're implementing the last phase of the process....make a pile of parts, make us an offer, and take as much as you can/want.

FINAL PARTS SALE IS NOW!!
1707 W. Baltic Place, Engelwood, CO 80110

CURRENT HOURS
10-3 MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY

BRING YOUR TRUCK, TRAILER, ETC AND CASH

ALL ITEMS MUST LEAVE WITH YOU
THE DAY OF PURCHASE

LAST DAY FOR PURCHASE IS FRIDAY OCTOBER 25TH!

Do not call regarding available parts
Items are first come, first served

Thank you again for everything, we will update as we can over the next week as things wind down.

We have ALL followed these listings with the dozens of cars and tons of parts. All of which would help us sustain the hobby for decades to come. The bottom line is that it's simply not practical for 99% of us to make a trip to Colorado. I don't seem to recall an offers at any time, to ship parts or sell them online. This is why you have received alot of "tire kickers", but not much else. I can promise you that of you were willing turn this treasure trove into a part time or full time operation, until the cars and parts are liquidated (within reason); you wouldn't regret it. If the situation is you simply don't want to be bothered, perhaps find someone who could oversee that type of thing or quieting send these cars and parts to the crusher or use them to populate salvage yards across the nation. My main point being that listing online without selling online, is kinda pointless

We have ALL followed these listings with the dozens of cars and tons of parts. All of which would help us sustain the hobby for decades to come. The bottom line is that it's simply not practical for 99% of us to make a trip to Colorado. I don't seem to recall an offers at any time, to ship parts or sell them online. This is why you have received alot of "tire kickers", but not much else. I can promise you that of you were willing turn this treasure trove into a part time or full time operation, until the cars and parts are liquidated (within reason); you wouldn't regret it. If the situation is you simply don't want to be bothered, perhaps find someone who could oversee that type of thing or quieting send these cars and parts to the crusher or use them to populate salvage yards across the nation. My main point being that listing online without selling online, is kinda pointless

I dropped in to have a look today. Didn't find anything for myself but there are LOT of parts there. A mindboggling quantity.

The family members trying to deal with all of this are overwhelmed with the task facing them to have everything out and be able to hand over the building by the 26th. Yes, it would be nice if they were able to sell online and ship, but this is not their forte. They are simply trying to clean up and move on. I would encourage any Colorado Fiat and Lancia owners to go and have a look.

".... but there's still many, many used parts we'd rather not see go to the crusher...."

Mike, probably a lot of used-up parts. If there was anything of real note or value, I have to think that one of our vendors would have been all over it. IIRC the family did mention that they turned down an offer from someone for the entire kit and kaboodle.

So... instead of long explanation regarding your personal situation, couldn't you drop at least some photos if not being slightly more specific about your parts?

I drop by today. Sad to see over 50 twincam motors going in the dumpster. Next is the Yugo/128 stuff. Still about 10-850 engines and trans there for few more days.
Kent

This is sad. I'm in need of an engine for my 1979 X1/9 but can't make the 24hr round trip from Mesa in the next week. I'd be willing to pay for shipping for a known good motor too.

Last edited:
Kent/someone:

Can you extract their lowest reasonable price for the remaining things & report back here so we can divide that price up among people smart enough to invest in them? From there, inventory & do a lottery for the more coveted parts & motors... Something like that. I can sure as hell commit $100 to this cause as described, I hope that 9 ore more others can do the same. That'd likely do it. Their getting cash and avoiding some kind of disposal fee in doing so creates a buyer's market. Some kind of arrangement between Colorado and this board should be able to be reached in the next six days. An "X Web Parts Collective" seems smart for those of us with future plans.

I can't speak for all of us, but I'd trust anyone on this board who's been contributing to it for a year or more with my $100... A dude/dudes, PayPal account, an agreement, a truck(s), & trailer(s), and hopefully a fork lift. Done.

If there was a Strada transmission, I'd REALLY love to buy it! If someone wants to grab it for me and I can get it to Niagara Falls, NY by pallet - that would be great! Heck, if there's more than one, I'd take them all!

:)

I really hope these parts can be saved, but the biggest hurdle is Aspen Auto needs to vacate its lease by this Saturday. This seems like a tremendous volume of parts that will cost at least hundreds of dollars per month to store somewhere and days if not weeks to transport off-site. There are four days remaining. The snarky comments are kind of cruel, the sellers have recently lost their patriarch and I'm sure that is still on the forefront for them, as it should be.

Back