Purchased-WTB - Lower Coolant Expansion Tank Lower Hose

Tavalin

Florida Mike (again)
I need to purchase a lower hose to the expansion tank. I purchased the upper one but was unable to find the lower one offered anywhere.
Or, is there an alternative that I can use?
Thanks,
Mike

IIRC, a pretty good replacement for the larger, lower-expansion-tank-to-stat-housing is an off-the-shelf premolded heater hose that you cut down to fit. Maybe our search guru JimD could find the thread that gives part numbers!

IIRC, a pretty good replacement for the larger, lower-expansion-tank-to-stat-housing is an off-the-shelf premolded heater hose that you cut down to fit. Maybe our search guru JimD could find the thread that gives part numbers!
I'm sure JimD will be here shortly. In the meantime, in this thread, Bob Brown suggests Gates part number 18071 for the lower hose from the overflow tank. The thread used to have pretty pictures, but they are long gone. I don't know if this applies to all years or not.

I'm sure JimD will be here shortly. In the meantime, in this thread, Bob Brown suggests Gates part number 18071 for the lower hose from the overflow tank. The thread used to have pretty pictures, but they are long gone. I don't know if this applies to all years or not.
When I did a search for that hose an Econoline Wagon radiator hose came up. Looks like it would work. I like that it is really long (https://thmotorsports.com/2953518-e...MIqem29oLs5QIViZ6zCh18LAMbEAkYASABEgILDvD_BwE). I will now have to choose between the first Gates posted and this one. I would rather have to trim excess off than to come up short.
Both are a reasonable price. What do you guys think? Both are Gates and have some bends in them.
I also still have the original hose I had to cut off. I will use that one as a template when cutting.
Thanks,
Mike

When I did a search for that hose an Econoline Wagon radiator hose came up. Looks like it would work. I like that it is really long (https://thmotorsports.com/2953518-e...MIqem29oLs5QIViZ6zCh18LAMbEAkYASABEgILDvD_BwE). I will now have to choose between the first Gates posted and this one. I would rather have to trim excess off than to come up short.
Both are a reasonable price. What do you guys think? Both are Gates and have some bends in them.
I also still have the original hose I had to cut off. I will use that one as a template when cutting.
Thanks,
Mike

I'd call around to see if a parts store has one in stock and bring your original one to compare first hand. Note that the Gates hose above has different end diameters....I can't remember if the original hose has both ends being the same diameter?

I'd call around to see if a parts store has one in stock and bring your original one to compare first hand. Note that the Gates hose above has different end diameters....I can't remember if the original hose has both ends being the same diameter?
Dan,
I purchased the one that look like the original except a little longer from Amazon. I will let you know what happens.
From the look of the hose both ends are the same.Hopefully, the Gates is close enough or the same that it will work.
Thanks,
Mike

Back