Custom tail lights

Dr.Jeff

True Classic
This evening as I was heading home it was dark enough for vehicles to have the lights on. And I noticed something that might be an interesting custom mod for the X's tail lights. If one desired to remove and replace the stock light assemblies with something completely different, the tail lights on the Jeep Renegade might have an appeal to "X" lovers:

download.jpg images.jpg RenegadeLight.jpg renegade_nighttime_small.jpg

And considering the Renegade is a Fiat product, it wouldn't be completely out of the family. It would also be a nice LED upgrade at the same time.

Hi Jeff,

I also noticed these! After looking at many of the current lights however, I think the ones off a current model (T6) VW Transporter would fit and look the best:

VW Transporter T6.png

That said, I don't believe it would be feasible to really remove the insides and make them work inside a stock X11/9 tail light housing. That's one of the reasobn why I'm experimenting with the COB panels behind a stock lens.

More info here:

https://www.bulli-umbau.de/umbauten/led-rueckleuchten/

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...n-7e0945208-7e0945207-neu/741528294-223-19954

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...l-vw-7e0945207-7e0945208/1141852668-223-13766

VW Transporter T6 - 2.png

Cheers,
Dom.

Last edited:
Could also dissect led trailer lights. I live just down the road from the worlds largest truck stop and they have all kinds of lights that you might be able to gut.

I don't believe it would be feasible to really remove the insides and make them work inside a stock X11/9 tail light housing
Dom I agree it would not be very feasible to adapt any other vehicle lights into the stock X housing. I was mainly referencing the Jeep's light having a huge "X" in them, which would be a fun accent for the X.

As for discussing OEM LED tail lights in general, there have been several that really catch my eye (no pun intended). With the advent of LED's the manufacturers are really getting creative.

I live just down the road from the worlds largest truck stop
I saw a little feature about that place. Pretty amazing really. I'd enjoy seeing it just for the fun of the experience. And I can only imagine the assortment of LED's available there - those guys love their lights.

This evening as I was heading home it was dark enough for vehicles to have the lights on. And I noticed something that might be an interesting custom mod for the X's tail lights. If one desired to remove and replace the stock light assemblies with something completely different, the tail lights on the Jeep Renegade might have an appeal to "X" lovers:

View attachment 27900 View attachment 27901 View attachment 27902 View attachment 27903

And considering the Renegade is a Fiat product, it wouldn't be completely out of the family. It would also be a nice LED upgrade at the same time.

The problem with those lights, is that they remind me of the cartoon representation for dead things - with X's for eyes :D

Back